After initially gathering up near-cult status from launch back in 2005, Stubbs is back, rising from the dead and ready to eat some brains on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now from the store of your choosing for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC – yep, covering both current and next-gen bases although admittedly through Back-compat – is Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse.
Running a price of £16.74, Stubbs is making a comeback into the gaming scene after near two decades away, ready to rise from the ashes with a fag in his mouth, before heading off to devour a person or two.
Stubbs whisks us back to the city of Punchbowl in 1959, allowing us the chance to be a zombie, to kick some ass, and to take home some brains. Probably in that order. This will mean you take charge of the titular Stubbs before pushing him through the madness of Punchbowl, taking down the population one by one and leading your newly undead allies on a merry dance across town.
- Eat Brains: Chomp on the living and replenish your bodily arsenal of: zombie sputum, gut grenades, and the stunning unholy flatulence
- Possess Punchbowl’s Population: Clamp your severed hand to a barbershop quartet singer’s head and raygun away
- Build Your Zombie Horde: Convert your enemies into undead allies & lead a zombie assault on the living
- Bring Civilization to its Knees: Show the retro-futuristic city of Punchbowl, PA that they can’t escape the past
- Stubbs and Chill: Invite a friend to play as Grubbs for classic couch cooperative hijinks. (Friend not included)
We’ll admit we weren’t sure we were ready for Stubbs to return into our lives here and now in 2021, but we’ve been hands on for a while and have managed to rip off enough hands to provide a full review of Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. If you didn’t play the game back in the day, and are wondering what all the fuss is about, giving our review a read should be a bit of a priority.
If you’re then sold and wish to embark on this adventure – either alone or with a couch based mate – then head on over to the store of your choice. Our favourite is that of the Xbox Store. We won’t judge if you think differently.
Now, get out there, be a zombie and eat some brainzzzz.
It’s 1959 and the city of Punchbowl, PA, is a beacon of progress and ideal living. Show the living that law and order are no match for a dead man on a mission. Your boyfriend’s back Maggie and Punchbowl is gonna be in trouble!