It’s not long now until Ghosts can get involved in the Closed Beta for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, with less than 24 hours to go. As such, Ubisoft have unveiled details about the content present alongside a run-down of the game’s post-launch plan. To cap it off, there’s a cool new trailer for your perusal too.
Whether you’ve pre-ordered the game, subscribed to UPLAY+, participated in the Online Technical Tests or just been randomly selected, those with a Closed Beta code can pre-load it in advance, before it all kicks off tomorrow. The Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta will be available to play – for all platforms it’s scheduled to release on – from September 5 at 11am BST until 9th September at 11am BST.
During the Closed Beta period, those fortunate players will have access to several regions, with missions to explore in up to four player co-op or by yourself in solo. These missions include two Operation Greenstone missions, taken from the main storyline; Auroa Missions, which include side missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants; and Faction Missions which include eight new missions per day. Drone Areas are also available to test player’s strength in battle, as it is here where they can face-off against Murmurs, Aamons and Behemoths – so that’s the small flying drones that can swarm players, mid-size land drones and huge, heavily armored drones with intense firepower.
Closed Beta players will also have the opportunity to take part in a special in-game charity event, Man Down to raise money for the global NGO Child’s Play. You can participate in Man Down, which will see money donated to Child’s Play, by teaming up in co-op and then helping their teammates by reviving them when they are down. The more players participate, the more Ubisoft will donate, so look after your squad!
In addition to this, the post-launch plan for Year 1 of Ghost Recon Breakpoint has been announced. The Year 1 post-launch content begins immediately upon release with Operation Greenstone, which is then followed every four months by Episode 2 and subsequently, Episode 3. Each Episode will receive hours of new content and that’s detailed below:
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings an expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
That’s not all though as there’s a new trailer featuring critically-acclaimed actor Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead, Punisher) who portrays Cole D. Walker, the leader of the Wolves. The trailer shows Walker’s journey from becoming a Ghost and fighting alongside Nomad, to becoming leader of the Wolves – the organization that took over Auroa from tech-giant and drone producer Skell Technology, shutting it off from the world and weaponising their drones.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is set for release on 4th October for Xbox One, PlayStation4 and PC – with a launch also expect later for Stadia.