Having been sat in Early Access on Steam since early 2020, Humble Games and Crema’s creature collect em up, Temtem, has picked up some serious acclaim. Now though those teams are looking to push forward, announcing that this September a full launch will occur on PC and console.
Highly anticipated, Temtem will be officially launching on September 6th 2022, releasing on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC. At launch, Temtem players will be able to experience a big improvement over the current Early Access offering, with new features, such as Seasons, the final island of Archipelago and rewarding new weekly quests all in place.
If that all sounds like a plan to you, then starting today, prospective tamers can get about pre-ordering either a digital or physical version of the game on PC, via either the Humble Store or Steam, on PlayStation 5 or via the Xbox Store (£39.99) for Xbox Series X. Those wishing to play on Nintendo Switch will discover pre-orders opening up soon. There should well be a Digital Deluxe version in place as well, including the complete game and cosmetic bonuses.
What’s more, if you can’t get enough of Temtem, curated bundle of Temtem essentials will be available for purchase separately from the game with the Temtem Collector’s Edition. The bundle will include a statue diorama, replica Temcards, enamel pins, and more! Check out more details here.
But what if you’ve never heard of Temtem? Well, let us set you straight. Currently sitting in Steam Early Access and coming to a full launch in September, Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure (obviously nothing like Pokemon) where players seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside their Temtem squad. Dip your toe in and you’ll get the chance to go and catch em all, grabbing every Temtem, battle other tamers, customising your house, joining a friend’s adventure or exploring the dynamic online world that is present.
The key features include:
- Story Campaign: Journey across six vivid islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.
- Online World: The days of traveling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer.
- Co-Op Adventure: You will be able to join forces with a friend any time and work together towards your next goal. Catch new Temtem, complete a Route, or face off against a Temtem Leader; all while fighting alongside your friend in dual battles!
- Housing: Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, color your walls and you’ll be ready to invite your friends over!
- Customize: Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers. Pick a silly hat, a comfy sweatshirt, some pants and you’re ready to go! Or maybe you prefer to wear a full-on cosplay of your favorite Temtem?
- Competitive: Start by choosing 8 Temtem and the pick and ban phase will begin. Take turns with your rival to pick your Temtem and ban theirs. When all the decisions are made and the turns are ended, you will end up with a squad of 5 Temtem and the battle will begin.
Of course, as it moves away from Early Access and into full launch, new features coming to Temtem will include:
- Seasons: After the launch of 1.0, we’ll release seasonal updates and a Battle Pass with free and premium awards tracks.
- Endgame Island: The final island will be added, completing the Airborne Archipelago. This island will feature new activities through which you can test yourself as a Temtem tamer, new places to shop, and new areas to explore with friends.
- New quests: Engage in weekly quests, which will be updated regularly post-launch.
We’ll be sure to remind you when Temtem arrives on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC on September 6th 2022. For now, hit up the trailer below.