If you like your vertical scrolling shooters, then you may well like what HandyGames produced with Aces of the Luftwaffe – Squadron. If indeed that was your bag, then the release today of some extra DLC is something you should be checking out pronto.
The Aces of the Luftwaffe – The Nebelgeschwader comes with the usual DLC tag attached, but in reality this is a much bigger add-on than the name would suggest. In fact, it is more of a complete expansion, taking the 25 levels that were originally created in the base game, and dropping a further 25 on top. Should you find yourself drawn in by the Nebelgeschwader content, then that sees your base game double in size.
Throw in 6 bosses, 4 different pilots for you to embrace the skills of, and a local cooperative mode that caters for four likeminded friends, and the Aces of the Luftwaffe – Squadron becomes a huge draw.
Going about your business and defeating waves upon waves of enemies is the name of the game, and with a delightful story pushing it all along, and plenty of upgrade-able skills to become at one with, Aces of the Luftwaffe – Squadron is well worth a look if you are a fan of vertical scrolling SHMUPs. Once you’ve done so, the chance to check out more action based around the Bermuda Triangle with this Nebelgeschwader content shouldn’t be ignored.
Features of the game include:
- Action packed shoot-’em-up with explosive special effects
- Captivating storyline with fully voiced characters
- Epic co-op multiplayer for up to four players
- 25 new levels and exciting missions
- Six brand new spectacular boss fights
- Skill trees with new individual abilities for each wingman
- Challenging achievement system
- Creative haptics for gameplay and cutscenes
- Epic, movie-like orchestral soundtrack
The Aces of the Luftwaffe – The Nebelgeschwader is available from today for all those willing pilots on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
There is also an extended edition which places the DLC with the base game for just £19.99.