Crash, Mario, Sonic and even Garfield have tried their hand in the kart racing scene, with varying degrees of success for all. But if it’s pure fun filled frolics you are after then jumping behind the wheel of a crazy kart and taking a trip to the beach, should be right up there with the options you consider. That’s where Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure comes in.
Available to purchase and download from the relevant Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC stores, Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure is, as the name suggests, a sequel to the previously released Beach Buggy Racing – a game that arrived on Xbox back in 2015 and struggled to really make an impression.
Now though Vector Unit are back for another try and this sequel looks, on the face of it, to cover the bases required of the very best kart racers. It’s action-packed for a start, full of mayhem, drops in a decently sized single player campaign, runs split-screen antics for those with friends, and is completed by a ton of different race types. Like I say, covers bases.
Priced at £16.74, this Island Adventure will attempt to do what nearly all other kart racing provide – the chance to involve yourself in some stupidly fun races, competing in a variety of wacky vehicles and being given the chance to fire off a number of equally wacky power-ups. In the case of Beach Buggy Racing 2, there are no less than 44 of these.
You can also then throw in the fact that customised races can be taken in, upgrades aplenty can be worked onto your vehicle roster, and weekly tournaments will happily keep dragging you back for more.
- ADVENTURE MODE. Explore a massive interactive map as you rise through the ranks of the Beach Buggy Racing League.
- JUMP IN AND PLAY. Collect trophies in multi-event Championships and tons of individual quick events including Race, Drift Attack, Firework Fury, and more.
- GAME CRAFTING. Customize your own ridiculous game rules and save them for insane battles with up to 8 local players.
- WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS. Compete with players around the world in leaderboard Tournaments with unique custom contests.
- THRILL-RIDE RACE TRACKS. Discover Egyptian pyramids, dragon-infested castles, pirate ship wrecks, and experimental alien bio-labs—23 unique worlds, each packed with secrets and shortcuts.
- PACK YOUR GARAGE. Collect and customize over 40 unique cars including monster trucks, moon rovers, race cars, and of course…beach buggies!
- BUILD YOUR TEAM. Recruit a crew of 14 drivers, skeletons, robots, aliens…each with their own unique special ability and strategy.
- POWERUPS GALORE. Master 44 (yes, forty-four!) individual powerups like Donut Tires, Tesla Coil, Ball’n’Chain and Dodgeball Fury.
- FUN FOR ALL. Choose the difficulty that’s right for you, and change it on the fly. Kart experts and noobs can play together with individual handicaps.
We’ve been hands-on with Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure for a little while and even though our full review is still a few days away, initial thoughts are reasonably good. Keep an eye out for that review drop very soon.
If you’re sold though, are just looking for something fun and silly to waste some time with, then Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure could well be one to consider. You’ll find it rocking the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop and even over on Steam.
Match your kart racing skills against a rag-tag crew of rivals as you explore a mysterious island packed with ancient temples, dragon-infested castles, and post apocalyptic ice cream stands. Unlock and upgrade moon buggies, monster trucks and more. Collect and master over forty unique powerups in an epic race for the ultimate trophy. Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure is an action-packed, mayhem-filled kart racer with split screen competition and game rule customization. Play any part of the game solo or with friends in split screen—from the story-driven Adventure mode to multi-event Championships, adrenaline-pumping Races, skill-mastering Drift Attacks and more. Ready to go deeper? Craft your own custom game modes! Set your favorite configurations of powerups, race rules, lap counts and more, then save your rule set and play with up to 8 local players. Want a 10-lap Race with Bouncy Tires and Rocket Boost powerups? You can do that. How about a Drift Attack with permanent Police Chase that you can play with 4 friends? No problemo. Maybe you want to test your racing skills with no powerups at all. That’s fine too. It’s your game, your rules. Easy to pick up and play, yet challenging to master, Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure is a fast-paced driving action game that delivers explosive fun for all skill levels.