Engaging strategic gameplay, the chance to fight exactly how you want and the opportunity to delve into dungeons which change every time you enter them. There’s much to immediately love about Team17’s Crown Trick, especially now that it is allowing Xbox and PlayStation players the chance to enter its realm.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 4, Crown Trick hass been developed by the NEXT Studios team, before seeing the indie kings of Team17 pick it up and push it out to the relevant audiences.
Much like most of what T17 touch, Crown Trick could well be a bit of gold too. It’s beautifully animated for one, but helping move things along nicely is the chance for players to take in what could well be a genre leading roguelike RPG – and when you consider exactly how many of those are around, that would take some going.
It works turn-based combat too, along with a strategy that builds in skill/item interactivity, all as you head deep into the mosts maze-like of labyrinths, defeating enemies and uncovering secrets and mysteries as you go. It’s the utter mastery of all the skills that Crown Trick gives you that will be the biggest key to success though, as without those you’ll be found wanting against a world that is full of monsters and traps.
Further skills await those who go deep enough though, and with Familiars being secured from the elite foes you go up against, your chances of success – and survival – will continually grow.
In all, the key features you’ll want to keep in mind are…
- – A totally new approach to strategy roguelike gameplay
- – Synchronous turn-based combat, where each move is full of possibilities and each battle is a challenge
- – Explore the atmospheric dungeons of different settings and try your best to survive until the end
- – Experience randomly generated dungeons, weapons, relics, items, and challenges each time you start your journey
- – Build your own unique combat style and choose from the variety of 40+ active skills, 60+ passive abilities, 30+ usable items, 170+ special relics
- – Slay 100+ different monsters wielding nine unique types of weapons or up to 120+ individual weapons in total
- – Dare to challenge more than 10+ powerful bosses
- – Solve 60+ mysterious challenges and puzzles
- – Reveal all the secrets and find the truth hidden behind the Nightmare Realm
We’re not sure when it was that Team17 last threw out a dud and so the arrival of Crown Trick on Xbox and PlayStation is one we’re seriously excited to see. We’ll be sure to do the usual and drop some review thoughts as soon as we can, but in the meantime the Xbox Store and PlayStation Store will sort you out with the download you need. It’s £15.99 if you don’t make the most of Xbox Game Pass.
Let us know what you think of the nightmare realms once you’ve dropped into them.
Crown Trick is a beautifully animated rogue-like RPG adventure characterized by turn-based combat and skill-item interactive strategy. Enter a labyrinth that moves as you move, where mastering the elements is key to defeating enemies and uncovering the mysteries of this underground world. With a new experience awaiting every time you enter the dungeon, let the power bestowed by the crown guide you in this challenging adventure!