Like a bit of cyberpunk? Need a new RPG? Fancy delving into the murky world of 2D? Dex should be enough to sort you out.
Coming to Xbox One and PS4 on July 8th 2016 (with PS Vita and Wii U releases later in the year), Dex will be looking to build on its successful PC launch. A cyberpunk 2D side scroller that brings in numerous RPG elements, Dex, tells the story of an AI and her quest for Singularity, a theoretical “event horizon” in which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence.
Chased by corporate mercs, without a clue as to why, Dex gets thrown into a web of intrigue, leading her to question the origins of her own existence. A trio of hacktivists help her in her quest — the mysterious Raycast, the protective Decker and the light-minded Tony. Only you get to decide how the story ends. The outskirts of the city are plagued by crime, poverty and filth. Out there, every day is a new struggle for survival. The wealthier districts are full of skyscrapers and bustling businesses. Yet beneath the sleek exterior, another war is going on, as powerful corporations are constantly at each other’s throats. Woe to those who become entangled in their conspiracies.
The streets of Harbor Prime offer countless opportunities. In this open world, you get to influence the fate of everyone you meet, fight against dangerous gangs, expose corporate secrets, dive into the depths of Cyberspace, develop Dex’s skills, and much more.
Full feature of Dex include:
- Rare melding of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions meld with hand-drawn characters, animations, and locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or normal reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, special equipment…
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and, of course, stay alive – no easy task.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.
We will of course remind you when the time comes but you have permission to start getting excited right about NOW!