Merge Games and Antab Studio unveiled their slick comic book style shooter Foreclosed in June, and was in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC. Well, the good news is that Foreclosed is releasing on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 as well. There’s even a new developer video available to gain further insight into what goes on during development.
Foreclosed is a third-person action-shooter, which aims to deliver visceral cyberpunk action with a comic book aesthetic in 2021 for current and next-gen consoles. It hopes to be a striking display of narrative-driven action where the player takes control of brain implant abilities, hi-tech weaponry, and can upgrade using a diverse skill tree system. In terms of visuals, it takes inspiration from the likes of Deux Ex and Max Payne games along with Frank Miller’s graphic novel Hard Boiled. These all combine to ensure it’ll bring a vibrant sci-fi setting to life, featuring interactive cutscenes and transitions inspired by graphic novels.
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – Foreclosed blends a striking comic book aesthetic alongside high-octane, cyberpunk infused action gameplay.
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations including “Machine-Gun” mode and explosive rounds.
- Firmware Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics are experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Original Story – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently Foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
Alongside the news regarding the confirmation that it’ll launch on next-gen consoles, Merge Games have revealed a brand new, deep dive into Foreclosed. It’s hosted by the team over at Antab Studio and in the video, you’ll learn about some of the game’s music and programming, unique gameplay mechanics, implants, inspirations and much more. This offers never-before-seen look into the inner workings of Foreclosed, so don’t miss out on that.
And remember, Foreclosed is gearing up to arrive in 2021 for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam).