Edit: 25/08/22 –
CYGNI: All Guns Blazing will now be releasing on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC (ditching the previous mention of old-gen consoles) in 2023.
Original Article (12/05/20) Below:
Tempted by a modern day, old-school, shooter? CYGNI: All Guns Blazing has today been announced and not only will it be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC, but launch on next gen consoles is also promised.
Created by Keelworks – a duo of self-taught Unreal Engine enthusiasts who have previously worked for Pixar and other Hollywood VFX firms – CYGNI: All Guns Blazing will be found blasting its way to PC (Steam) and Mac in 2021, with launch on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PS5 and PS4 coming after that.
A twin-stick vertical scrolling shooter hybrid, CYGNI: All Guns Blazing most certainly provides a bit of a cinematic flair, mixing proper old nostalgia with modern day graphics, SFX and music.
Not attempting to reinvent the shoot’em up genre, but rather trying to elevate the genre though higher quality visuals, audio and gameplay, CYGNI certainly looks to be something a bit special with next gen visuals, intense levels and power-up switching gameplay elements all in tow. And you can see all this in the trailer below…
Key features of CYGNI: All Guns Blazing include:
- · With next generation visuals, animation and special effects CYGNI is a new benchmark in cinematic shoot’em ups
- · Be the lone fighter battling through intensely hostile levels filled with waves of air and ground assaults
- · Choose where to route power on the fly switching between shields (defensive) or weapons systems (offensive)
- · Collect energy to power up your ship and energise weaponry from hard-hitting nukes to inescapable vortex bombs
- · Launch air to air and air-to-ground attacks as you traverse neon-lit metropolises, moon-like landscapes and even outer space
- · Go one-on-one against gargantuan enemies in cinematically epic boss battles
- · Full orchestral score and immersive sound design
Make sure you take in that trailer and then hold tight for launch of CYGNI: All Guns Blazing at some point in 2021. We’ll be sure to keep you fully up-to-date with how development progresses.