Prior to 2022 rolling into view, there wasn’t a single Danganronpa game available on Xbox. Now though, there’s three – all found on Game Pass too.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (and PC if you like), powered either via a Game Pass drop or a £26.99 cash outlay, is Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition.
This hits Microsoft’s finest on the back of some decent acclaim and success with two previous Danganronpa games, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition. If you’ve played one – or both – of those games, you should know what to expect here.
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition comes complete with an all-new psycho-cool environment, a wide cast of the finest characters and the chance for players to prove themselves as they push forth through a whole range of new minigames.
It focuses on a story in which Kaede Akamatsu wakes up in class, meeting up with other students as she does. From there though, the headmaster instructs them to get on with their day – participating in a Killing Game way of life.
In Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition it’ll be up to you to bluff your way to survival, exposing the truth behind the madness of the situation as you go. When you discover it to be powered by 2.5D motion visuals and a new Trials system, it all gets ever more intriguing.
In fact, taking a look at the key features of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition makes this one that is worth a bit of consideration…
- 2.5D Motion Graphics A distinctly crafted environment that’s planar yet stereoscopic is born by combining 2D illustrations of characters and objects in a 3D environment. These new, 2.5D motion graphics were developed by using unique motion techniques and camera work. The unique setting exudes style and flair.
- High Speed Deductive Action Determine the truth of each incident with testimony and proof gathered during your investigation. Use what you’ve learned in high-speed Class Trials to shoot down the opponent’s statements. Progress through fully voiced class trials, the key to the deductive action!
- A new Class Trials system This time, you can now purposely lie to argue against non-contradictory statements. See through lies, use them to your advantage, and make your way to the truth! Class Trials are better than ever with even more new systems, like “Debate Scrums” that occur when the participants of the trial are split into two groups. Use every word at your disposal and refute your opponents!
- Additional Contents ・
- Character Gallery Allows players to view character sprites and lines in a gallery. If you ever get the urge to hear that one line, now you can!
- Ultimate Gallery A gallery full of promotional illustrations and character sheets from the official art book.
Played the previous Danganronpa games? Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition should be next on your hit list. Go and grab it from the Xbox Store right now, giving it a whirl on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
Danganronpa V3 is finally available on Xbox! Welcome to a new world of Danganronpa, with an all-new “psycho-cool” environment and cast of characters! Survive through the revamped Class Trials with its myriad of new minigames!