The release of DARQ on PC went down pretty well, with the game having picked up a huge number of Very Positive Steam reviews since launch this time last year. Now though the game is getting set to launch on console, with a publishing agreement between FEARDEMIC and the Bloober Team group (they behind The Medium) hoping we’ll be seeing launch of DARQ: Complete Edition on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch in December 2020.
Due to arrive digitally in December 2020, with physical distribution planned for early 2021, DARQ: Complete Edition will take the original base game that has done so well on PC, before combining it with two DLC packs – The Tower and The Crypt. And just for good measure, a host of new gameplay mechanics have been promised too.
DARQ is the award-winning game that tells the story of Lloyd, a young boy who finds himself slap-bang in the middle of a lucid nightmare. Unable to wake up, Lloyd has to face his fears and decipher the meaning of the dream – and you’ll have to help him do this. He learns to control the dream by bending the laws of physics, manipulating the environment in the most unexpected ways, and solving puzzles that defy the rules of logic.
It’s been one year since this tale first hit PC, and in that time the game has gathered up a huge amount of acclaim, with some of the most notable highlights as follows…
- DARQ was one of the top 10 most upvoted titles on Steam Greenlight.
- It was also in the top 50 most wishlisted games on Steam.
- The game became a viral sensation due to its innovative art style and unique engagement with fans through multiple social media platforms.
- DARQ landed on the front page of Reddit multiple times. One particular post garnered more than 191,000 upvotes, making it one of the most upvoted posts in the history of the platform.
- On the launch day, the game was immediately listed on the Steam’s New and Trending, Top Selling, and Featured and Recommended tabs.
- DARQ was nominated for and won numerous industry awards (Best Game Award at MIX / PAX West, Best Adventure Game and Best Video Game Music at Chainsaw Festival, Best Sound Firestarter Award at Game Audio Awards, Best Sound Design at MUSIC+SOUND Awards, Best Cover Art at Dreamhack Festival, and others).
- DARQ has become the #42 Most Shared PC Video Game of 2019, according to Metacritic.
Launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch is therefore hugely anticipated. We’ll be sure to let you know once a full release date is known, but in the meantime check out the trailer below to get a little insight into how DARQ plays out. And if you can’t wait a few months, get over to Steam and grab the game from there.