If brutal hack-and-slash action is to your liking, then Demon Skin is one to keep a very close eye on. Coming from the Buka Entertainment and LUDUS FUTURE teams, it’s due to release on PC very soon – but then, more excitingly, will be followed by Xbox, PlayStation and Switch drops later in 2021.
Demon Skin will happily plunge you into a dark fantasy world that will see you left to test your skills against the deadly environments and towering foes that lay within. It’ll release on PC come April 13th 2021, with a follow on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch (working on Xbox Series X|S and PS5) later on in the year.
In Demon Skin you will get the chance to accept a place in the Order of Wanderers, left to become a fearsome axe-tossing, realm-crossing, boss-battling brute. The hordes of demons will fall at your feet, with their actions solely focused on your dictation. And you’ll need all this power too as you look to strike against oncomers, dodging their blows and traps and keeping as safe as can be in an ever-increasingly hostile world. A new intuitive combat system lays at the heart of Demon Skin, as does the opportunity to work with devastating combos. This is as hardcore as you could ever imagine…
“Everyone told me that if I want to do something right, I have to learn how to do it by myself. That to create a game I’d have to master programming, animation and other stuff as well. Not to mention other development tasks that needed to be done. Sure, I could have started with something less complicated, but this game was the only thing I could think about!” said Denis Listov, lead game designer at LUDUS FUTURE.
- Sophisticated combat system. Improve your skills by mastering various stances for lightning-fast parrying and inflicting maximum damage with spectacular finishing moves! Keep an eye on the level of stamina and other indicators of the character’s physical condition – all these features directly affect the outcome of the battle.
- An extensive skill tree. Gain experience to learn new combos and enhance health, stamina, and attack power.
- Dozens of enemy types. From skeletons, zombies, and spiders to werewolves, lizards, and golems – fighting each of them requires a different approach.
- Huge arsenal for killing monsters. There are more than 30 types of edged and blunt weapons at your disposal and each type is only effective against a certain type of enemies. You can even destroy enemies with your bare hands – it’s not as effective but still a lot of fun.
- Secrets and artifacts. Some rare and ancient artifact weapons are hidden in the secret places of the game world. Find it to unlock the impressive super skills after achieving a certain level.
- A demon on the outside, a demon within. Collect shards of Crystal and become even stronger, build up your bone armour and turn into a fearsome demon.
- Gloomy landscapes in the spirit of dark fantasy. From the icy wastelands and deep dungeons to the twilight forests and abodes of the undead. This cruel world lives a life of its own, but terrifying creatures that inhabit it are not always hostile. On your way, you will not only meet enemies but also powerful allies.
If you wish to get hold of Demon Skin on PC then the Steam page is your best bet. Those looking to hold until the Xbox, PlayStation and Switch launch should keep an eye on our pages – we’ll be sure to bring you developmental progress in regards the console launch as and when we have it.
For now though, you could do a ton worse than check out the trailer below.