Paradox Interactive have made a bit of a name for themselves in the strategy market, and so the arrival of Empire of Sin on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in the Spring of 2020 is certainly something to look forward to. The first ever gameplay trailer has today been revealed too – and it’s well worth a watch.
Empire of Sin will see you thrown into the world of 1920s organized crime, as Paradox Interactive and Romero Games team up to create a character driven strategy experience. Coming to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC, with a Spring 2020 release window confirmed, today is all about the gameplay as the latest trailer releases.
If 1920s Chicago is your bag then you’ll want to check this trailer out too, as you get an inside look at the new gameplay features which will be contained within, checking out features such as how to oversee the empire management of your crime organization, the tactical turn-based combat and more.
In Empire of Sin, you will be left to build your own ruthless criminal empire as one of 14 distinct bosses who are all vying to run the seedy underworld of organized crime in the city. With randomly generated starting conditions, it’ll be down to you to adapt and survive, doing whatever it takes to outsmart, out-gun and outlast your opponents. You’ll need to hustle, charm and intimidate your way to the top of the pile as you take in the glitz and glamor of the roaring ’20s all while having to contend with a gritty underbelly of organized crime.
Features of Empire of Sin include:
- Build A Crime Empire: Raise your criminal empire from the ground up by establishing rackets in your neighborhood (be it speakeasies, breweries, brothels, union skimming, protection rackets, or casinos) and recruiting a team of loyal mobsters to make your mark on the streets. Once you make a name for yourself, expand your influence by taking over rival territory and adding more ventures to your repertoire.
- Explore a Living, Breathing City: Take to the streets of vibrant 1920s Chicago and its distinct neighborhoods, such as Little Italy or West Loop, with real historical landmarks and events. Interact with a full cast of over 60 living, breathing characters with backgrounds that inform how they react to what you or other characters do. Each recruitable character has traits and relationships that significantly affect gameplay and vice versa. Schmooze, coerce, seduce, threaten, or kill them to get your way.
- Defend and Expand Territory: If it comes to blows, hypothetically of course, and your posse needs to send a message, face off in brutal turn-based combat. Recruit your goons strategically to build a strong chemistry within your crew to maximize combat damage and help secure your hold on the city.
- Wield Your Influence: Make and break alliances, bribe cops, and trade on the black market to gain an edge and expand the influence of your crime family. But always keep your enemies close and ensure you have a mole on the inside and eyes everywhere.
- Dominate the Neighborhood: Whether you make it to the top with violence, business smarts, or city-wide notoriety, there are a number of ways to become King or Queen of Chicago. With various starting conditions and constantly changing crew dynamics, no two playthroughs will ever be the same.
Got interest in what Empire of Sin on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC promises? Reckon Paradox can replicate the success of their previous hit, Stellaris: Console Edition? Check out that trailer and let us know your thoughts in the comments.