It’s one of the most iconic names in recent video gaming racing history – DiRT is back and DiRT 4 promises to bigger, badder and better than ever.
Releasing on 9th June 2017, those gaming on Xbox One, PS4 and PC will be able to get down and dirty with DiRT 4 as it brings buggies, trucks, rally, rallycross and more to the racing masses. After a damn successful release of DiRT Rally back in 2016, Codemasters have today confirmed that DiRT 4 will take off-road racing to the next level, giving games a bit of a white knuckle ride in Landrush.
It’ll feature the classic rally racing that DiRT is known for, building on the foundations laid by the Colin McRae Rally titles, but will also deliver the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, truck and buggy racing and open world events in Joyride, taking you to Australia, Spain and more. There will also be a new game changer – Your Stage – which is an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique stages at the touch of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
DiRT 4 will deliver the usual premium quality that is associated with the franchise, combining the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, accessibility and adrenaline-fuelled contests previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
The key features include:
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
If you’re looking for a new racer that promises to bring fun in bucketloads, then you could do worse than pick up DiRT 4 come June 2017.