Disco Elysium. Two words that just jump off the screen, readying players for the chance to take in a gaming experience like no other. It’s a game that has been on our lips for a few years, and after taking the PC world by storm, it’s finally made moves onto Xbox and Switch in Disco Elysium – The Final Cut.
Available to purchase and download right now in The Final Cut form on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch, Disco Elysium from ZA/UM is a groundbreaking open world RPG. If those four words aren’t enough to sell what it brings, then let us expand somewhat.
It’s priced at £33.49 and will see you given access to a game that offers up more freedom than you could ever expect. It places you in the heart of Revachol, a city and land that is full of challenge. How you deal with those is totally up to you.
Disco Elysium sees you working through Revachol in the role of one of the finest detectives of the world – at least if you want them to be. If you don’t, and you’d prefer they – and you – work an altogether different angle, then you can. In fact, it’s up to you to ultimately carve your own destiny, spending time chatting to a huge range of characters, working with a variety of skills and pretty much leading life how you see fit.
After picking up a huge amount of awards via the PC launch, Disco Elysium comes to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, along with Nintendo Switch in The Final Cut form, bringing new quests and further areas to explore. But even if you have previously fallen in love with what the game allows on other formats, you will find a free upgrade pushed out there too. You certainly won’t be missing out.
We urge you to read our spoiler-free review of how Disco Elysium plays on Xbox Series X|S and find out why exactly we gave it the highest marks we possible could.
From there, get over to the digital store of your choice, with the Xbox Store covering the bases for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S players.
And once you have been hands on, make sure you come back here and let us know how you find the madness of Disco Elysium – The Final Cut.
Just a few of the key game features include:
- Unprecedented freedom of choice. – Intimidate, sweet-talk, resort to violence, write poetry, sing karaoke, dance like a beast or solve the meaning of life. Disco Elysium is the most faithful representation of desktop role playing ever attempted in video games.
- Countless tools for role playing. – Mix and match from 24 wildly different skills. Develop a personal style with 80 clothes items. Wield 14 tools from guns to flashlights to a boombox, or pour yourself a cocktail of 6 different psychoactive substances. Develop your character even further with 60 wild thoughts to think – with the detective’s Thought Cabinet.
- A revolutionary dialogue system with unforgettable characters. – The world is alive with real people, not extras. Play them against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
- Carve your unique path across the city. – Explore, manipulate, collect tare, or become a millionaire in an open world, unlike anything you’ve seen before. The city of Revachol is yours for the taking, one small piece at a time. From the streets to the beaches – and beyond.
- HARD BOILED, HARD CORE - Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table. Revachol is a real place with real challenges. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. The detective decides – the citizens abide.