It’s been a good few months since Bandai Namco detailed the next instalment in the Dragon Ball saga, but finally we’ve got a fully confirmed release date for The Breakers. There’s a network test coming too.
Due to release on October 14th 2022, Dragon Ball: The Breakers will launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, both physically and in digital fashion – hint: it’s that digital version you want.
When it does arrive, Dragon Ball: The Breakers will throw you into DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE universe like never before, pitting a team of seven Survivors trying to escape one Raider. The Raider, one of the major antagonists from the franchise, will have to use their overwhelming power and increasingly powerful evolutions to hunt and defeat the Survivors.
Survivors are regular civilians that have been caught in a “Temporal Seam”, trapping them in a place where space and time are in disarray. The main objective of Survivors is to escape the Temporal Seam using various gadgets, the most valuable of which are Transpheres, that contain the souls of Super warriors and grant special abilities and powers when used.
In this dangerous environment that Survivors share with the Raider, the hope is to use the Super Time Machine to evade the Temporal Seam before their enemy becomes unstoppable.
If that sounds like something you’d like to take in – and we’re guessing that anything Dragon Ball is instantly appealing – then you may also care to know that the game will be coming in three different flavours: Standard Edition, Limited Edition and Special Edition.
Details of each as follows:
- The Special Edition is available to pre-order now physically, and digitally at a later date. It will contain the full game as well as the Special Edition Pack with a Customisable costume, the “Two-Handed Good” victory pose and the “Dragon (Yellow)” vehicle skin. Pre-orders for this edition will also unlock the “Android 18 Transphere” and “Scouter (Blue)” accessory.
- The Limited Edition will be exclusive to the Bandai Namco Store. In addition to the Special Edition content, the Limited Edition will have a Steelbook, 3 Raider stickers and the Cell Shell Figure, as well as the “Potara (Green)” in-game accessory, which is a timed exclusive Bandai Namco Store bonus.
- The Standard Edition will be digital download only and will contain the game. Pre-orders for this edition will unlock the “Android 18 Transphere” with the “Wall Kick” skill and the “Scouter (Blue)” accessory.
Further to all that, Dragon Ball: The Breakers will also be holding a Closed Network Test, available on all platforms on 6th and 7th August 2022. To get involved, you’ll need to register right here to try and get access to the Closed Network Test. During this CNT, Frieza, the newly announced Raider, and Cell will be available to play. Avatar, Oolong Survivor Skin and Bulma Survivor Skin will also be available to play as Survivors.
The CNT will be playable at the following times:
- Saturday 6 August 2022 – 3:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. BST
- Saturday 6 August 2022 – 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. BST
- Saturday 6 August 2022 – 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. BST
- Sunday 7 August 2022 – 3:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. BST
Expect an Open Beta Test to be organised by the Bandai Namco team at a later date with more details to be announced soon.
Let us know what you think of this one. And make sure you watch the trailer too. That October 14th release date will be here before you know it.