If you’re a Dragon Quest fan, you should be rejoicing right about now as Square Enix have detailed the launch of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
The game with the longest title in history, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition will mark the debut of the beloved series on Xbox, as it comes complete with Xbox Play Anywhere capabilities, allowing gamers to play it across Xbox One, Windows 10, along with PC (Steam) and PS4. Oh, and it’ll be arriving on Xbox Game Pass too. When? How does December 4th 2020 hit you?
If you’re after a rich storyteller and a game that delivers a unique art style, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age is going to be for you. Coming in Definitive Edition form, this promises to be an enthralling and unmissable adventure for RPG fans.
Seen as the perfect first step into the world of Dragon Quest for the uninitiated, players will follow the perilous journey of the Luminary, a hunted hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charismatic cast of supporting characters. Embarking on a quest that will take them across continents and over vast oceans, they will learn of an ominous threat facing the world. Packed with over 100 hours of content from the critically acclaimed 2017 release of DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, you’ll find an array of upgrades and enhancements in place too. These will include:
- New character side stories – Get to know your fascinating cast of companions more than ever with individual side stories and adventures
- Retro 2D mode – In addition to stunning 3D you can also choose to play in 2D with retro inspired graphics of classic 16-bit RPGs
- 16-bit World of Tickington – Journey to past DRAGON QUEST worlds full of additional side-quests reimagined in the retro style
- Japanese audio – Choice to play the entire game with all-new Japanese voice over or the original English
- Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack – Ability to switch between the symphonic soundtrack or the original synthesized soundtrack as you travel the world of Erdrea
- Photo mode – Immortalize your adventure with the perfect image. Rearrange characters, set different poses, change angles etc. are just some of the features available in Photo Mode
Sold already? You’ll find the pre-order system up and live on the Xbox Store and over at Steam. Those on PS4 will need to hold tight a little longer before parting with their cash. It will also be available physically for PS4 though.
Can you hold tight till December? It is then when you’ll be able to bear witness to Dragon Quest on Xbox for the very first time.