Lawn mowing, powerwashing – hell, we’ve even been cultivating our own marijuana empire recently with Weedcraft Inc. The sim genre is in full force as of late, and now fans of alcohol can get in on the action with Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator.
Releasing today onto Xbox, PlayStation and Switch, following a ‘Very Positive’ release onto Steam in September of this year, Brewmaster does exactly what it says on the tin, opening up a world of brewing business to budding drinks-makers. You’ll have access the finest in the brewing trade, with the complete set of chemistry equipment at your disposal. Or, at least, you’ll get to such a level of mastery in due course, starting off with the more basic glassware, and going on to enter brewing competitions, using your earnings to upgrade the vital equipment.
If this all sounds like a bit too much work, then you can always jump straight into the Creative Mode, which opens up all the tools and tricks of the trade right from the off.
But there’s no point having all this gear if you really have no idea: over time you’ll gain access to varieties of ingredients, including those needed to make wheats, stouts, IPAs and the like. Following the brewing process, you’ll need to make up your own labels and send off your creations, and then of course the cycle happens all over again, with hopefully renewed knowledge and improved recipes.
Brewmaster truly has it all for the most veteran of beer aficionados – key features include:
- Set up your home brewery – Create the ideal space to spend relaxing hours making your perfect beer. Unlock your favourite equipment and decorate your brewing space. Use beer tokens to buy better equipment to truly make it your own space.
- Create your recipe – Concoct a variety of different types of beer, including wheats, blondes, stouts, IPAs and more while improving your brewing skills. Perfect recipes, improve the taste, design your own labels, and then submit your beers to local competitions and breweries to gain reputation and beer tokens. Built for complete beginners to beer aficionados alike; learn the basics of the beer brewing process with a range of recipes to choose from, or get creative with total freedom to brew your own unique flavours.
- Brew your dream beer – Mash malts, boil hops, and pitch yeast to kick-start fermentation. Build your repertoire of homebrewing skills with a variety of brewing techniques to master a range of craft beer styles. This relaxing and deeply satisfying sim will let you experience the rewarding and unhurried pleasure of homebrewing, without worrying about money or space.
- Realistic and authentic – Brewmaster is a detailed, authentic game driven by a simulation of real brewing chemistry, and a deep understanding of the real-life fermentation processes. That doesn’t mean you have to have a degree in chemistry. The hard formulas happen behind the scenes, allowing you to focus on the best bits of beer brewing fun.
- Refine your craft – Once you’ve produced your ideal brew, do your beer justice with an eye-catching label and a memorable name. Tweak and personalise every element of your beer and boost your renown at beer festivals. As your work becomes respected, you’ll submit to local breweries for batch production, expand your network, and unlock bigger jobs and more challenging recipes. A true Brewmaster is always learning!
- Celebrate the art of brewing – You’ll be using cutting-edge technology, but brewing is a craft with a long lineage dating back to 10,000BCE. We were harnessing the real-life alchemy of fermentation before we’d even unlocked “writing” on our species’ skill tree.
So, whether you find yourself at the start of your brewing journey, or are an established top dog in this world, and want a video game equivalent to keep you occupied, then look no further than Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator. You can pick up a copy on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One via the Xbox Store, for £14.99. Alternatively, the game is available on PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Brew your perfect beer in this relaxing home brewing sim. Use a realistic chemistry simulation to brew hoppy IPAs to creamy stouts. Customise your brewing space, create recipes and label your beer, unlock new equipment and enter competitions. Learn to brew, refine your craft and become a Brewmaster! Discover, learn and master the art of homebrewing in the ultimate celebration of craft beer. From perfecting authentic, chemistry-driven brewing techniques to naming, bottling and labelling – refine your craft to become the ultimate Brewmaster in the first ever realistic beer brewing experience. With all the tricks of the trade and the best equipment at your disposal, follow a recipe, or experiment with a huge variety of real-world ingredients to hone your skills. Enter friendly competitions, earn beer tokens, and upgrade your equipment to become an even better brewer. Choose to experience the story-led Brewmaster mode or throw yourself into Creative Mode, a sandbox with everything unlocked.