It’s time for The Last Resort as Dustwind comes to Xbox and PlayStation; fully optimised for the next-gen.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5, Dustwind – The Last Resort from Z-Software is a tactical and strategic real-time experience in which we follow the tale of a nameless woman. Found collapsed after an end of world apocalypse, beaten, rid of her memory and left to die, we join her as she starts to come round, promising to get revenge on those who tormented her.
But if you thought that was going to be a tricky enough proposition, it doesn’t take long for you to realise that much more is at stake. Much, much, more.
Priced at £14.99, Dustwind – The Last Resort will have you working your way through the desolate wastelands that are now home, as you hunt down weaponry, build out your character and fight back against any and all foes you happen across.
What this translates to in gaming terms is hours upon hours of exploration, all pushed along neatly by an evolving storyline and multiple mission types. A single player affair, there’s a whole host of options that become available to you in your quest to become the nameless heroine of the Wastelands, with all the following key features helping you along the way…
- Over 100 different weapons to guarantee tactical finesse as you survive in the Wastelands
- Over 20 placeable objects to strategically secure your base
- 16 engrossing story missions and a variety of skirmish maps
- Six usable vehicles to help you live to see another post-apocalyptic day in the Wastelands
- Six races (humans, dogs, valkyries, titans, humanoids, sewer dwarfs)
- Individual character system with over 40 skills
- Tactical combat: It takes a tactical mind and lightning-fast reflexes to survive combat in the Wastelands!
- Clusterfun: Nothing is quite so satisfying as killing an enemy with a plunger you just fired straight into their face with your bow.
- Skirmish: Get ready for a wide range of thrilling isometric single-player maps in several game modes!
- Tactical pause: Real-time with pause mode
It’s the multiple races and character skills that we’re most excited to see, but whatever your bag, Dustwind – The Last Resort seems to cater for it. With a decent little, mostly positive, following on Steam too, we’re keen to see how Dustwind translates to the Xbox and PlayStation scenes. Be sure that our full review will cover what you need to know.
If you’re sold on the premise, like the look of the action or just feel the need to get a new strategic hit, Dustwind – The Last Resort can be picked up on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (fully optimised) from the Xbox Store, as well as on PS4 and PS5.
25 years have passed since the ‘Awakening’ – a cataclysmic event triggered by a renegade artificial intelligence known as ‘Mainframe’. The AI’s robot armies targeted all other life forms on Earth. Humans won the war, but only barely. The few survivors of this apocalypse now struggle to survive in the Wastelands. It’s a free-for-all here – a brutal time to be alive! While foraging for food in the Wastelands, you and your daughter are ambushed by Raiders. They torture you, rob you, and leave you for dead. But in a curious way, their murderous ambush invigorates you. Amnesiac and hopelessly out-gunned, you vow to save your daughter! But you must proceed with caution and choose your tactics wisely, or you won’t stand a chance! In the course of your adventures, you realize that it is not just your own destiny that is at stake – this is about so much more. Dustwind – The Last Resort is a post-apocalyptic real-time tactical action game with demanding combat, hours of exploration and a moving story. The engrossing single-player campaign takes place in 16 gripping story missions. Roam the Wastelands in single-player mode, develop your own survival strategies, find weapons and equipment, adapt your character to your preferred way of playing, and become a leader in these dark times. Become the nameless heroine of the Wastelands!