Have you ever wondered what would happen should Pac-man get fatter as he eats? Pig Eat Ball will let you find out! Kinda.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PS4, following on from a previous PC launch that has gone down great guns, is Pig Eat Ball from Mommy’s Best Games.
Priced up at £12.49, Pig Eat Ball may not be found starring our favourite pill-popper but it does give a little insight into what would happen should Pac pile on the calories, as this strange top-down adventure sees you eating as much as you can, getting fat, and then barfing it all up on things to solve levels.
Yes, strange isn’t the word, yet there is something strangely appealing about what Pig Eat Ball brings to the console landscape, particularly after seeing such a great success on PC – seriously, just check out the Metacritic scores for it.
With hundreds of action puzzling levels and a multitude of disguises to take in, if you’re after something that is just a little bit ‘out there’, then this could quite possibly be your bag. It promises to deliver a great soundtrack too, and when you combine that with numerous bosses to take on, and some hand-made, non-procedural stages, it all seems a bit tempting.
- TWISTED ARCADE GAMEPLAY Get bigger as you eat. Barf to squeeze down to size. Barf on anything that moves. Reap the rewards.
- EXPLORE INTRICATE WORLDS Giant interconnected overworlds are filled with strange life, and secret rewards. Travel to five completely unique areas including Sushi Gardens, Kitchen Chaos, and Astro Farm.
- HAND-CRAFTED CHALLENGE Each hand-made, non-procedural level has a unique hook or puzzle from dodging alien bulls, spitting bombs, eating flying pies, or bowling while on conveyor belts—there’s always something new.
- MASSIVE, WILD BOSSES Nearly a dozen bat-barf crazy bosses will be coming your way. How will you beat the Accordion Centipede? Or a living pile of nachos? Use your BRAIN, your SKILLS, and your MOUTH!
- INCREDIBLE SOUNDTRACK We’ve created amazing tunes to get you into this surreal world! Funky, rockin’, jazzy tunes all for you!
- ONE-OF-A KIND POWERUPS Throughout the Space Station Kingdom there are dozens of special Disguises. These look cool and also give you special abilities! Each Disguise has a Pro and a Con. Swap Disguises to find the best one for each situation.
- OPEN-ENDED ANTICS Charming Pillbugs roam these space stations. They may want to play a nice game of tennis, or may steal your balls! Watch out for their lawn darts, bombs, flying pies, and tractors! Barf on them, bump them, torch them, or knock them into open space. Don’t worry they can hold their breath a long time!
- HOURS OF ADVENTURE The main story is 10-14 hours alone on the first playthrough. Getting the “Gold Medal” for quick completions on each level opens a special CHALLENGE SECTION in each world!
- WILD CHARACTERS Talk to dozens of interesting aliens on your journey including Cupcake people, Scrounger Goblins, sentient shrimp, and of course your insane father King Cake.
- MANIC MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM The 4-player, OFFLINE couch competitive mode is the definition of PARTY TIME. Dozens of custom levels give you a variety of goals to compete to win. Casual and Hardcore players can boost it out, bumping bums, barfing blobs, and belching balls!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS Each action level lets you compete for the fastest time with the world!
Excited to find out more? Get yourself over to your favoured digital store and grab a download of Pig Eat Ball right now. The Xbox Store will sort out Xbox One gamers, the PlayStation Store will do the same for PS4 players, and that lovely Nintendo eShop will happily provide the same for Nintendo Switch owners.
However you game though, we reckon you should give Pig Eat Ball a look. However our upcoming review of the game on Xbox One will provide the finer details.
Pig Eat Ball is a top-down, action-adventure about eating, getting fat, and barfing on things to solve levels. Explore 20 giant space stations to find different Disguises, and using their Pros and Cons, fight and solve your way through over 200 action-puzzle levels using new, arcade-style mechanics. King Cake, the dessert-headed monarch, has decided it’s time for his daughter to get married, but she other plans! The King has devised “The Royal Games” in which the winner will marry Princess Bow. Since she can’t talk her father out of it, Bow decides to put on a disguise and enter the competition herself. Along the way, she discovers a nefarious plot that threatens all life aboard the Space Station Kingdom. Can she get to the bottom of things before it’s too late… and win the Royal Games at the same time?