The support for Starpoint Gemini Warlords on Xbox One continues to see the game evolve and today we are seeing another free update hit – one which brings a myriad of fixes and improvements.
Focusing mostly on the economy and gameplay which holds Starpoint Gemini Warlords together, the update sees a reduced cost for all three mine types, and discounts made to some research options – mainly that of Refit and Support. To compliment that, you’ll find that asteroids, derelicts and gas pockets now give more resources, whilst there has been a price increase for commodities.
In regards the gameplay changes and we now see stations offering a lot more equipment in the storage, whilst there have been many freelancers added too. The new update brings great news in that gameplay area as well because freelance mission rewards now grant more credits, and they scale a lot better through the game. But that’s not all and LGM have also updated the Conquest feature where conquering outposts, stations and planets now give more credits and/or resources.
Further to all this, the new update brings a new ship in the Battleship class – the Glycon – which is a bit more powerful in contrast to other battleships, although not in all statistics.
And finally there is good news for the warmongers and warlords out there: boarding has been overhauled! You now don’t have to collect research percentages for foreign ships, so therefore it’s now possible to build the foreign ship immediately following the boarding – as long as all the other conditions are fulfilled.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords Update 18.104.22.168 is out right now on Xbox One and the full changelog is as follows:
New Conquest feature:
- Conquering outposts gives Credits;
- Conquering stations gives credits/resources;
- Conquering planets gives resources.
New features with profession ships:
- Destroying profession ships grants credits or resources, depending on the type of destroyed ship. The feature doesn’t work with planetary assault, campaign and separate starts (A’shriari, Pirates);
- Rewards exponentially increase with player’s level.
- The bug with incorrect portrait has been fixed;
- Quartermaster has been added to Rise of Numibia start. Gladiatrix Arena, on the other hand has not been implemented;
- Some bugs that have led to mission crashes in Freelance missions have been fixed.
- There was a crash to Xbox dashboard when trying to select a Glycon ship. This is now fixed.
- Prosperity Titan was nowhere to be found after researching. This is now fixed.
- Construction prices for all three mine types have been reduced;
- Construction price for Hub Lvl 3 has been reduced from 50k Ore to 25k Ore;
- Construction price for Hangar Lvl 3 has been reduced from 80k Ore to 25k Ore;
- Research cost has been reduced for some researches. Specifically for Refit and Support research (Proxima price is still the same);
- Asteroids give more resources;
- Derelicts give more resources;
- Gas pockets and anomalies give more resources;
- Commodities price has been increased.
- Stations have a lot more equipment in the storage;
- On the start of Salvage mission, the player gets +5 Scavenger Swarm;
- On the start of Protector mission, the player gets +5 Borehole Torpedos;
- Freelance mission rewards grant more credits, and they scale better through the game;
- Boarding: The player doesn’t have to collect research percentages for foreign ships. Now it’s possible to build the foreign ship following the boarding (if all the other conditions are fulfilled).
Free Glycon ship can be bought at the following stations:
- Rotterdam Shipyard (26.25 mil)
- Alexandria Military (26.25 mil)
- Plymouth Shipyard (26.25 mil)
- Atlantean Military (29.4 mil)
Will all this see you head back in to the tactical space RPG sim? If you want to know more about the game, you could do much worse than check out our full review.