A video game based on the Bernard Werber best selling novel, Empire of the Ants will be coming to PC and console in 2024.
Yep, 2024 may seem a while off yet, but when it does arrive we can expect the Empire of the Ants to be at the fore, as Microids (recently behind Garfield Lasanga Party) brings the Bernard Werber’s eponymous best-seller to life.
It’s due to launch on PC and console, developed by the Tower Five French studio, utilising Unreal Engine 5 as they go. It focuses on creating a a strategic experience that is as close to the book series as you can possibly get, as players dive into the universe of the ants to live an epic adventure where they will have to help a colony prosper through tactical and strategical battles, in a microscopic world of epic proportions.
Expect to find plenty of exploration, strategy planning, the use of combat skills, and the setting up of local wildlife alliances, all as you attempt to emerge victorious from the many challenges awaiting.
If you’re unaware of Empire of the Ants, then Bernard Werber’s novel has captivated millions of readers with its fascinating universe and its reflections on human nature. Microids are looking to give gamers the opportunity to discover this universe from a new perspective, through a video game adaptation.
An epic adventure awaits, as do 3D real-time strategic calls, gorgeous environments, photo-realistic visuals and a narrative that keeps in line with the rhythm of the seasons. In all, the key features will be…
- Take part to an Epic Adventure: Endorse the role of a brave ant, with a 3rd person view and explore unique abilities that can help you in battle and exploration.
- A 3D Real-Time Strategic game with progressive difficulty: The game promises an intuitive experience for newcomers, with the presence of tutorials to learn the fundamentals of RTS. The game will also offer a scalable difficulty and adaptable experience for veteran players who will discover new game mechanics as well as advanced strategies and combat skills.
- Explore gorgeous environments and meet the local wildlife: The game will feature a photo-realistic forest to explore. Meet, encounter and interact with other ants as well as forest dwellers through your adventure.
- Photo-realistic: Unreal Engine 5 allows to push the boundaries of the photo-realistic effect on the plants and wildlife.
- Narrative based on the seasons rhythm: The game features a narrative that follows the rhythm of the seasons, to which environments and gameplay mechanics will adapt.
- Diversity of contrast and adaptation: The game maps will evolve depending on the time of day (day, night, dawn, and twilight).