Looking to roll into the New Year with some new content for Far Cry 4? You’ll be in luck.
Releasing on 13th Jan for Xbox and PC and then on 14th Jan for Playstation, the Escape from Durgesh Prison will see players compete in a new time trial as they race against both the clock and other players for a leaderboard top spot.
Ajay and Hurk wake up after being captured, tortured and stripped of their weapons in Yuma’s prison. Thrown in the dangerous world of Kyrat without anything to defend themselves, players will complete a series of challenges to find weapons and unlock new skills while trying to reach the extraction point to safety.
Escape from Durgesh Prison will be fully playable in both single player and coop, but in order to ramp up the challenge, when players die they must start the mission over again and use the knowledge and skills they gained during their previous run through to help them reach their extraction point successfully.
Escape from Durgesh Prison is available as part of the Far Cry 4 Season Pass or can be purchased separately with full Season Pass details as follows:
- The Syringe – Already available exclusively for Season Pass holders, players must keep a rare and potent recipe from falling into the hands of Pagan Min’s forces. Playable in single-player and co-op, players will need to ensure that Pagan Min does not use its devastating effects on the rebel forces.
- Escape from Durgesh Prison – Available on January 13th 2015: The player and a fellow captive have been rounded up and tortured in Yuma’s prison. Players will have to escape from the prison and survive the hostile lands of Pagan Min’s Kyrat.
- Hurk Deluxe Pack – Five missions, playable in single-player and co-op, including Yak Farm, Blood Ruby and Hurk’s Redemption are available. Access an arsenal of new weapons including a harpoon gun for Hurk.
- Overrun – Team up as Rakshasa or Golden Path in this PvP mode and control a series of neutral locations across Kyrat’s countryside to protect them from being overrun by your opponents.
- Valley of the Yetis – Ajay’s helicopter has crashed on an unforgiving Himalayan ridge. Explore the frozen landscape and find tools to upgrade your camp and protect it from a dangerous cult when night falls. With single-player and co-op options, players will not be alone, but in the darkest caves players will have more to fear than the cult as the yetis await their prey…
Far Cry 4 is out now on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PC. It brings you the most expansive and immersive Far Cry game ever, all taking place in a massive open Himalayan world.
If you haven’t yet played it, let our review convince you why you should.