Depth of Extinction tells the tale of a flooded world; a flooded world in which the machines are looking to take control. Ready for humanity’s last stand?
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One right now – with a Nintendo Switch launch promised for the 4th June and a PS4 edition rolling along on the 11th – Depth of Extinction mixes turn-based strategy with RPG elements as a dangerous open world becomes your playground. Tasked with commanding a ragtag group of soldiers, you’ll need to utilise all your skills in order to work through the maddest of worlds, in the hope that you can stop the march of the android Armageddon.
Priced at £12.49, with a little launch discount in place for those jumping in early, a download of Depth of Extinction will let you create your own story, working with numerous character classes and more than 100 different pieces of armour, weaponry and items. You’ll need to use them too as upwards of 30 enemy types across 5 set factions will be present and correct – and only by taking them all down will you be able to safe this world.
- Explore a sunken world and build your own story
- Familiar tactical options with a few new twists including action refunds, stealth positioning and ambushes
- Create the ultimate squad from 10 different character classes
- Outfit your team with 115 different weapons, armor, and items
- Fight 30+ unique enemies from 5 factions
- Position your team and then get the kill with stealth
- Control the leader and the other characters will follow (and pick up loot) using an advanced AI
Our full review of Depth of Extinction on Xbox One will be coming your way very soon. For now though just get over to the Xbox Store and nab a download. If you’d prefer to play on Nintendo Switch (from the 4th), or PS4 (from the 11th), then that is your call. We won’t hold it against you. Let us know if you pick it up – the comments section is below. Just be aware that it’s going to be a whole different kettle of fish to the last underwater adventure we take in with Maneater.
In a flooded future world, killer machines are plotting mankind’s demise. As the sole defender of humanity’s last government, only you can create the ultimate squad and save humanity in this turn based, tactical RPG with roguelike elements.