If you’re after a brutal rogue-like survival horror then you have come to the right place, for today we see The Persistence move away from the VR scene to launch on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download digitally from the usual stores, The Persistence on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC comes about via the team at Firesprite Games, as they throw us into the year 2521 before tasking us to explore, evade and fight our way through a procedurally generated spaceship full of horror and secrets.
Priced at £24.99, The Persistence was previously launched on PSVR, and should you have already got hands on with it there, will find the latest release arrives free of charge via a PS4 update, ensuring that all players have access to the same great experience. Playing on multiple features that revolve around a clone and the whole ‘live, die, repeat’ ethos, every single time you play The Persistence you’ll not just discover a new labyrinth styled ship, but cutting edge visuals, plenty of foes to take down, and a whole host of mysteries to unveil.
Our full review of The Persistence on Xbox One will let you in on how those play out, but the key features include:
- A brutal take on the survival-horror genre that integrates rogue-like design elements to give the action an extra edge.
- Procedurally generated stages that change with each playthrough, creating a labyrinth-like experience that adds to the tension.
- Live, die, repeat. Play as dozens of different clones on board the ship, each one with the potential to be stronger than the last.
- Tailored controls. enhanced environments and post-processing effects for PC, PS4, and Xbox Ine deliver a heightened fidelity of horror for fans of the genre.
- Atmospheric, cutting-edge visuals in docked, handheld or tabletop modes for the Nintendo Switch platform.
Further to all this and those who still can’t bring themselves to become fully integrated with the digital purchasing way of life will be glad to know that The Persistence will also be available in physical form, with July 17th seeing store shelves stocked with Xbox One and PS4 copies of the game, whilst those who prefer to run the Nintendo Switch route will have to wait until July 31st.
However you see fit to get involved with The Persistence is up to you, for us though it’s the digital option that is most interesting, with the Xbox Store providing the relevant download. Don’t forget to give our Let’s Play of The Persistence a little watch too.
The Persistence challenges you to survive aboard a doomed deep space colony starship in the year 2521. Stranded, malfunctioning and caught in the inexorable pull of a black hole, “The Persistence” is overrun with a crew mutated into horrific & murderous aberrations. It’s down to you, a clone of security officer Zimri Eder, to make your way deeper into the depths of The Persistence to repair the systems and prevent the ship from being torn apart. Gather resources, upgrade abilities and fabricate an arsenal of weapons in this brutal sci-fi horror roguelike.