If you’re going to launch on Xbox, then you may as well go the whole hog and make the most of the multitude of brilliant features available to you. That is what Thunder Lotus are doing with Spiritfarer as they release the game on Xbox One, via Xbox Game Pass AND with Xbox Play Anywhere capabilities.
Recently detailed in our article covering the most exciting indie games that are due to rock up onto Xbox, and available to purchase and download from the Xbox Store for Xbox One, Spiritfarer is a tidy little title that deals with dying. Yep, it’s all about joining the life of Stella, the local ferrymaster to the dead – a Spiritfarer.
It is up to you to help Stella explore the big wide world, making friends, taking care of the various spirits and helping them enjoy their trip to the afterlife. How you do this is up to you, but expect to get involved in a bit of everything – farming, mining, harvesting, cooking, crafting and more will all be at your disposal.
Priced at £23.74 or available as a free to play experience for those with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Spiritfarer should well allow you to make a ton of memories, helping you learn how to deal with the passing of others. But it’s not just about you – if you wish a friend can join, taking on the role of Daffodil the cat as you partake in a bit of two-player cooperative play.
With a delightful art style, plenty of content promised – more than 30 hours to finish the main campaign but hundreds if you wish to take in everything it holds – and enough joy to keep you moving through the hardest of times, a download of Spiritfarer on Xbox One really should be something to consider.
Features of Spiritfarer include:
- Enjoy beautiful hand-drawn art and animation.
- Build, manage, and improve your own ferry.
- Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, weave, craft! An endless variety of activities await you!
- Meet, take on board, care for, and forge relationships with a cast of memorable characters.
- Run, jump, and glide your way through elegantly constructed platforming levels.
- Explore a fantastic and imaginative world. Seek and gather resources to craft upgrades for your ship and gifts for your passengers.
- Experience moving, emotional stories filled with unforgettable moments.
- Unwind for hours into cozy and relaxing gameplay. 30 hours to finish, hundreds more to experience everything Spiritfarer has to offer.
- Make the adventure your own with rich customization options for your boat, character, even the cat!
- Play as Daffodil the cat in optional local co-op.
Our full review of the game will be dropping before your eyes in the days ahead but for now the Xbox Store will sort you out with the download – whether you pay for it outright, or utilise the power of Xbox Game Pass and Play Anywhere.
Let us know in the comments if you decide to grab it.
Spiritfarer® is a cozy management game about dying. You play Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased, a Spiritfarer. Build a boat to explore the world, then befriend and care for spirits before finally releasing them into the afterlife. Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, and craft your way across mystical seas. Join the adventure as Daffodil the cat, in two-player cooperative play. Spend relaxing quality time with your spirit passengers, create lasting memories, and, ultimately, learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends.