Fancy taking a little trip to Norway? How about 1920s Norway? That’s exactly where you’ll be going with Draugen on Xbox One and PS4.
Priced at £16.74 and available right now on Xbox One and PS4 thanks to the team at Red Thread Games moving things over from PC (Steam – where it’s been since 2019), Draugen is the latest single player mystery adventure to hit console.
Taking place in Norway in the 1920s Draugen will see you heading out to explore the Fjords, playing through things as one Edward Charles Harden as you go in search for your missing sister. How and when things unfold though are down to you and your exploration skills, as you are left to embrace the wilderness of rural Norway, uncovering the darkness that lay beneath the surface.
Features of Draugen on Xbox One and PS4 include:
- “I am not alone”: explore 1920s coastal Norway accompanied by a living, breathing, independent companion
- Interact with your companion, Lissie, through a realistic and dynamic dialogue system
- Experience a thrilling tale through the eyes of an increasingly unreliable narrator
- Find your own path through a scenic setting that changes with the weather and Edward’s mental state
- “A story about what lies beneath”: piece together a gripping narrative with unexpected twists and turns
- A beautiful original musical score from award-winning composer Simon Poole (Dreamfall, The Secret World, The Park, Dreamfall Chapters)
- Written by Ragnar Tørnquist (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, The Secret World, Dreamfall Chapters)
- Designed and developed by the team behind Dreamfall Chapters
- Fully voiced in English, with motion-captured characters
Our full review of Draugen is live and will let you in on the finer details. And it seems as if the ‘mostly positive’ Steam reviews are right though – this is one adventure that you’ll want to take in. And if you do, the Xbox Store or the PlayStation Store will sort you out.
Draugen is a single-player, first-person Fjord Noir mystery set in 1920s Norway. Explore a forgotten coastal village in your search for your missing sister, accompanied by your independent and enigmatic young ward. The year is 1923. You play Edward Charles Harden; an American traveller, and increasingly unreliable narrator, who’s come to Norway to find his missing sister. But you’re never alone: every step of the way, Edward is accompanied by his ward Lissie; an independent and enigmatic young woman. Together, you must explore a forgotten coastal community, nestled amongst the fjords and mountains of rural Norway, in your search for Edward’s sister, and unearth the darkness that lies beneath the picturesque surface.