Coming from Feardemic and Shotgun with Glitters is One Shell Straight To Hell – and with console and PC aspirations on the table, the initial debut trailer most certainly looks like something to take in.
Shotgun With Glitters are an independent Hungarian developer who look to entertain players with atmospheric games that are built around emotions. And thanks to a partnership with Feardemic – they behind Ritual: Crown of Horns – the intriguingly named One Shell Straight To Hell will soon be coming to console and PC. Today we get a first glimpse of the action as we join the heavily armed Padre Alexander who is attempting to beat back hordes of demons and the possessed.
Set in an isometric setting, you’ll be thrust into dungeon crawling, rogue-lite twin stick shooting action with a heavy helping of base defense mechanics and a surly attitude. Created with the intention of delivering a completely new spin on the art of exorcism and demon hunting, the player gets to play the part of the world-famous fist of the papal order, renowned presenter at Vatican TV, Exorcist at International Association of Exorcists and the one and only internationally licensed demon-hunting priest: Father Padre Alexander.
Simply known as the Padre to his friends and foes alike, he is a bad-ass demon hunter and a man of the cloth. He is no ordinary priest, being sarcastic towards God, church and most of all human and demonic behaviour. He is not quite sane as an ordinary person but his insights into human life and tragedy can sometimes resonate with everyman.
From there you’ll be left to descend into ever-changing dungeons that overflow with demonic enemies, pitting your skills against relentless waves of satanic hordes. With a hole host of monsters and bosses in place – all determined to lay waste to the world – it’ll be up to you to work with a varied assortment of ludicrous weapons and traps to hold them at bay and complete the Papal sanctioned mission.
- A refreshing blend of gaming styles: dungeon-crawling shooter meets tower defense with strong rogue-lite replay-ability – it’s all about fast-paced action and challenging combinations of weaponry and enemies.
- Engaging gameplay meets compelling storylines, The Padre’s bad attitude and comedic timing make him a memorable character for players to engage with.
- The Voxel Art style of One Shell Straight to Hell pays tribute to an age of gaming creating a stylish re-imagining of the horror classics.
- Base defense sessions. When not busy dungeon-crawling, Padre Alexander will have to defend the mansion from hordes of enemies building traps, global enchantments, and powerups.
- Perplexing monsters- Ranging from the possessed kitchen drawer to drunken long-dead pirate captains and, I almost forgot, demons… a lot of demons.
- Regular weapons using varieties of ammunition, holy weapons drawing on your faith and unholy weapons craving for your blood.
- Skill tree that makes you stronger and adds to the strategy.
- Randomly generated ‘dungeon’ maps.
- And more crazy absurd stuff to be announced!
In making a statement on the debut of the trailer, Scott Millard, Managing Director at FEARDEMIC, said: “One Shell Straight to Hell and The Padre have been a large part of what we have been working at over the past twelve months. Not only do we think that the game itself will be one of the more successful chapters in the Feardemic story, but the protagonist “Padre Alexander” also represents a multitude of opportunities for the company over the coming years. We look forward to working with Shotgun with Glitters on building a strong and durable franchise.”
Bence Zilahy, Co-Founder at SHOTGUN WITH GLITTERS said on the debut of the trailer: “We are very happy for the opportunity to show our audience another face of our favorite priest and try our hands in another genre with One Shell Straight to Hell. We hope gamers will look forward to the whirlwind of combat in our base-building shooter that we working hard to finish”
Sold on what the trailer below delivers? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. We’ll be sure to continue to bring you any further development progress as One Shell Straight To Hell gets set to hit PC and console. Which consoles would that be? Well, let’s hazard a guess and go with Xbox One and PS4 for starters shall we? And then throw in a little hope and prayer for Xbox Series X and PS5 dealings too? We’ll be sure to confirm things as and when we can but for now you’ll just have to make do with the good old Steam page.