The arrival of the next-gen is just mere days away, but no matter whether you will be spending time with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or PS5, your Fortnite experience will continue to evolve. And once you make that jump, not only will you be looking at the standard next-gen upgrades taking hold, but all your progress from previous playtime will join you – as will a rather tasty freebie.
On November 10th 2020, when Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S arrive, Fortnite players looking to make the leap, wishing to power their dreams with the latest Xbox consoles will see a number of Day 1 improvements made to the game. Obviously with the greater power that the consoles possess, visual upgrades, faster loading times and more will roll out, with the following key features arriving in game…
- 4K Resolution at 60 FPS on Series X — Experience Fortnite on Xbox like never before on Xbox Series X with stunning 4K running at a smooth 60 FPS.
- Dynamic Visuals and Physics on Series X — Experience a more dynamic and interactive world with grass and trees responding to explosions, enhanced fluid simulations for smoke and liquid (cooler-looking smoke and liquid effects), and all-new Storm and cloud effects.
- 1080P Resolution at 60 FPS on Series S — Hop into any game mode on Xbox Series S and enjoy 1080P running at a smooth 60 FPS. The Xbox Series S will support most of the visual enhancements available on the Series X.
- Get into Matches Faster — Loading performance has been significantly upgraded, not only improving texture loading but also helping you get into a match from game start-up much faster.
- Enhanced Split Screen — On Xbox Series X|S, Split Screen now supports 60 FPS.
Those preferring to play Fortnite on PS5 will find similar options available to them, again on Day 1 with that either being November 12th or November 19th depending on your territory. It’ll come with full DualSense Controller immersion and the chance to select your favourite mode direct from the PS5 home screen too.
No matter which platform you decide to utilise, you’ll find that if you have previously played Fortnite, will see all your progression and cosmetics coming with you, whilst the standard crossplay features will also be in place.
To make that leap all the more enticing though, the Fortnite team are giving out a bit of a freebie too and so from November 4th all the way through to January 15th 2021, if you play Fortnite on any platform will discover the free Throwback Axe Pickaxe becoming yours. This classic default Pickaxe from Fortnite Chapter 1 will be available for for everyone both in-game and through the PlayStation Store.
The only question left answering is which console will you be playing Fortnite on? Will you be sticking to the current systems like Xbox One? Or are you planning on going all-in with Xbox Series X|S or PS5? Let us know in the comments.