Ready to save a digital world? Up for a story-rich RPG? GLITCHED is coming to PC and consoles, with a demo available now on Steam.
GLITCHED will see you guiding an unlikely hero through an epic adventure as he becomes aware of you – the player! Coming from the indie publisher Digerati and developer En House Studios, GLITCHED promises to deliver a wild RPG full of fourth-wall breaking fun when it releases on PC through Steam in Q3 2021, with Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch versions dropping early next year.
Following the story of Gus, an average NPC thrown into the role of hero when the appearance of mysterious glitches threatens the existence of his video game world, GLITCHED will see you joining Gus on his adventure as he becomes aware of an invisible presence – you.
With a vast world to explore, a myriad of secrets to discover, hundreds of characters to meet, countless choices to make, thousands of lines of dialogue, and the chance for player and character to form a deep bond, GLITCHED offers an extensive and immersive RPG experience.
It comes from developer En House Studios, arriving as their debut title and has been a huge undertaking for the Chicago-based two-man team. In development for what can reasonably be considered ‘a long time’, the humble beginnings of GLITCHED go back several years, as lead developer Nikko Koruna reveals:
“During my sophomore year of high school I made a small program in Computer Programming 101 where a pixel character would respond with swearing depending on which key you pressed. I started to imagine a video game world where the main character talks directly to the player, and from that GLITCHED was born.”
The concept of a friendship and relationship between the player and main character stuck with Koruna, and even as the game evolved it remained at the core of the experience.
“The glitchy world and aesthetics help deliver the narrative, but it was always this relationship with Gus that I knew was the true heart of the game,” explains Koruna. “Gus as a character developed and changed over the years, but it was the driving force that really kept me focused and excited about the project.”
The main features of GLITCHED will include:
- Essence: Your choices change Gus’s essence. This decides his personality, powers, and how characters react to him.
- Choices: The story changes based on your choices. No two playthroughs will be the same!
- Progression: Every activity gives EXP. Use it to patch glitches and advance the story.
- Gus: Talk to Gus at any time. Form a friendship. Observe his escalating existential dread.
- Battles: No random encounters. Turn-based combat using a unique system with skills, energy, and quirks.
- Other Features: Magic spells. Cool equipment. 20+ potential party members. Romance system. Tons of outfits. Multiple endings. Arcade mode. Frogs.
If you’re PC capable we highly advise you to check out GLITCHED in the Steam Next Fest. Give it a wishlist if you like what you are seeing. And if you’re limited to console, standby for further details as to an Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch launch in early 2022.