Phoenix Point has already done the rounds on PC, but very soon it’ll be coming to Xbox and PlayStation too, as the Behemoth Edition releases. That all important launch date is now known.
Snapshot Games’ hit strategy game will be coming to Xbox One and PS4 on October 1st 2021 thanks to a collaboration with Prime Matter, giving fans of the turn-based tactics scene the chance to get involved on console. And that Behemoth Edition looks pretty sweet too as not only will the base game arrive, but four major DLC pieces will be thrown in for good measure.
With the fourth DLC launching on the same day on PC, Snapshot Games, in partnership with Prime Matter, has revealed that Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition, the highly anticipated console version of the acclaimed strategy game designed by Julian Gollop, creator of the X-COM series, will feature the full base game, four major DLC expansions — including the upcoming DLC 4: Corrupted Horizons, which launches same-day on PC — alongside a DLC weapons pack.
Oh, and there will be a free next-gen upgrade to PlayStation5 and Xbox Series X|S after launch too.
For those unaware, Phoenix Point delivers a new breed of turn-based strategy and action to gamers. It covers a tale which has seen Earth be overrun as a mutating alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the greatest minds and bravest soldiers left, can fight back and save the world.
This is where you come in, leading Earth’s resistance. You’ll find yourself exploring a ravaged planet, building your bases, researching and developing new techniques and technologies, managing resources on a global scale, and fighting in full-scale, turn-based tactical battles to survive.
You won’t be alone though and with the Behemoth Edition you’ll be able to work together with different factions to unite mankind and take back the planet via Phoenix Point’s diplomacy system, or crush all your rivals with military might. No matter what you choose, you’re in for a brutal challenge with endless replayability.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition key features include:
- The Complete Phoenix Point Experience to Date: Includes the full game plus four major DLCs (“Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies” and the upcoming “Corrupted Horizons”) featuring additional story missions, maps, and other gameplay bonuses, DLC weapons pack, and a slew of updates, upgrades, and community-driven quality-of-life improvements.
- Optimized for Consoles: Revamped UI and gamepad controls designed specifically for consoles.
- Intense Turn-based Squad Battles: Deploy your squad of four or more soldiers and drones in tactical, turn-based battles. Take direct control of your soldiers’ shots in combat with a unique free-aiming system — target enemy weak spots, weapons, and more for mass impact.
- Defend Earth from a Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an alien threat that adapts to your tactics to constantly challenge you. Face intense boss fights against huge monsters with unique abilities that require precise planning and execution.
- The Geoscape Reborn: Take command of a strategic view of world situations and conflicts to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Deep and Extensive Soldier Development: Customize your soldiers with unique skills and a vast array of weapons and equipment.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Threat: Experience a complex narrative with multiple possible endings, and learn about the origins of the crisis through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: Decide how to deal with different factions trying to reclaim Earth. Earn unique rewards for cooperation (and face the consequences for opposition).
- Free Next-Generation Upgrade: Experience the game at 4K|60 FPS on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X with a free upgrade for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One owners after launch.
You’ll find Phoenix Point: Year One Edition available right now on PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, the Microsoft Store, GOG.com and Google Stadia. If you’re in the market for the Behemoth Edition on Xbox One and PS4, you’ll be sorted come October 1st 2021.