If you ask, every now and then your request gets granted, and after becoming a bit of a PC hit, we will soon be finding Frostpunk: Console Edition bringing its frozen survival strategic gameplay to Xbox One and PS4.
Already wowing the crowds on PC, 11 bit studios listened to those requesting that they bring Frostpunk to console, and later in 2019 that will be found happening.
The first of its kind in strategic gaming, Frostpunk: Console Edition will deliver a gritty simulation of a society that has been in a frozen post-apocalypse.
Offering Xbox One and PS4 gamers a complex strategic challenge, will dropping in a rich narrative featuring an alternative take on the 19th-century industrial revolution for good measure, Frostpunk weaves a story of how our planet mysteriously freezes, putting an end to civilization as we know it and forcing the human race to adapt to the harsh conditions. It is here where you come in, and as the leader of possibly the last civilized society on Earth, you’re going to build the city your survivors live in, discover new technologies, explore frozen wastelands and most importantly, manage and rule society to prepare it for life in an unforgiving world.
How you play this out is entirely up to you though and so whether you’re an enlightened ruler or an iron-fisted tyrant, you’ll discover choices in this world aren’t as easy as they seem. Holding power over people isn’t an easy one, you know!
Frostpunk: Console Edition will come complete with all previous free updates that have hit the PC version, including The Fall of Winterhome scenario, additional customization options, difficulty settings, and tweaks to the balance. You should expect more further down the line though and with great effort being taken by 11 bit studios to adjust the mechanics for the console audience, you can be sure that what is sent to console will be the best there can be.
“We don’t want to reveal the exact release date yet, but I can say that the game should be out in the summer,” says lead designer Kuba Stokalski.
About Frostpunk: Console Edition:
Frostpunk: Console Edition is a society survival game where heat means life and every decision comes at a price. Presenting complex strategic gameplay, demanding challenges and rich story, Frostpunk extends its unmatched survival experience to consoles. Adapted for consoles with revised controls and adjusted mechanics, Frostpunk: Console Edition allows you to fully test your tactical prowess on the frozen wastelands.
- MAINTAIN HOPE – Survival is about hope and the will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain these two in your people will be a determinant factor for success.
- MAKE THE LAW – Society is a group of people abiding by the same rules and sharing similar beliefs. Establishing laws and customs will be a crucial factor in shaping your society.
- WEIGH YOUR CHOICES – Will you allow child-labor? How will you treat the sick and wounded? Frostpunk challenges tactical skills while questioning your morality.
- EXPLORE – Expeditions, while risky, can bring you valuable intel, precious supplies and grow your society’s population. There may be people out there, and their fate lies solely in your hands.
- PLAY ENDLESSLY – Endless Mode offers new maps, game modes, mechanics, and allows you to dive into the Frostpunk experience deeper than ever before.
Whether you have played Frostpunk on PC, or will be going in fresh and chilly with the Xbox One or PS4 version matters little. Just be aware that we should be seeing something pretty damn special once that console release takes hold. For now though, hitting up the trailer below, and leaving us your thoughts in the comments is a good call.