The tennis world may have been in the news for all the wrong reasons over the last couple of weeks, but just as the Australian Open looks set to allow players to hit a few balls in anger, Kalypso Media and Torus Games have come to town, announcing that Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will be coming to PC and console in the very near future.
Set for a Spring 2022 release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC through Windows, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships is a brand-new title that will look to deliver authentic gameplay and an immersive tennis experience to the masses.
Going up against the likes of the Tennis World Tour and AO Tennis franchises, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships has been announced with a rather immersive announcement trailer that gives a first look into the tennis simulator, which focuses on realistic scenarios and player reactions in the exciting world of tennis. By using the right tactics, intelligent player positioning, and utilizing authentic ball physics which are a central part of the gameplay – players will be able to top the tennis tables in tournaments and competitions around the world.
Further to that will be sophisticated character animations and unprecedented player control, all combined within Matchpoint – Tennis Championships in order to create realistic rallies in which every swing of the racket counts.
And as you would expect, as a modern tennis game, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships promises a dynamic and immersive gaming experience with an extensive career mode and a unique rivalry system. Upon launch, you should expect to see 16 of the finest tennis stars integrated into Matchpoint – Tennis Championships; names such as the current number two in the world ranking list Danill Medvedev – to other top ten world ranked players such as Garbine Muguruza, Andrey Rublev, Casper Ruud and Hubert Hurkaczs. More renowned players will also be playable, with Nick Kyrgios, Benoît Paire, Heather Watson, Hugo Gaston, Madison Keys, Victoria Azarenka, Carlos Alcaraz, and Pablo Carreño Busta all in place.
Taylor Fritz, Amanda Anisimova, and Kei Nishikori will also be part of the launch, and together with Garbiñe Murguruza and Danill Medvedev have expressed their enthusiasm and anticipation for Matchpoint – Tennis Championships.
But that’s not all and this will also integrate sports and fashion brands such as Uniqlo, Nike, and Head into the game and the players’ equipment, in turn adding an authentic atmosphere in Matchpoint – Tennis Championships.
The key features of Matchpoint – Tennis Championships include:
- Start your journey in single-player or online multiplayer. A deep career mode featuring a merit-based ranking system allows for accurate and competitive matchmaking.
- Create your 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion, and play style with an array of customization options, including true-to-life techniques such as left-or right-handed, one-handed, or two-handed backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customize your athlete and wearables. The game features gear from all of tennis’ name-brands, including UNIQLO, HEAD, and many more – giving players the chance to use their equipment, from rackets to clothing. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: topspin, flat, lob or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches: Defeat challenging AI opponents or challenge your friends and rivals to a virtual tennis duel.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before you even hit the court.
- Practice makes perfect: Hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Enhance your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Training modes: Jump into various mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its unique characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay, and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Capture your fiercest rallies and decisive matchpoints on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.
Sold? If you’re up for a new tennis title then it may well be worth keeping an eye on the progress of Matchpoint – Tennis Championships. We’ll be sure to keep you updated with the latest surrounding it.