Previously confirmed for release on PC, Gatewalkers from A2 Softworks is now looking to expand, preparing for launch on Xbox One and PS4 too.
In Gatewalkers you will find yourself taking on the role of one of the titular beings – a Gatewalker, a member of The Guild. It is up to you to then embark on your own journey through a single player campaign, or with a team of up to four players in the online co-op, to try and save your dying homeland.
Gatewalkers on Xbox One, PS4 and PC will see you traveling to worlds very different from your own; heading through the Gates that have been built by the Ancients. With multiple mysterious artifacts and constructs in place, this world looks to be a dangerous one and you’ll have to be on your guard at all times.
Hitting the battlefield will be a regular occurrence, and that means you’ll need to harness quick reactions and reflexes in order to plan your actions, and co-operate with your team members. Mostly as the enemies that you’ll encounter will require you to adjust both your strategy and equipment to defeat them. Changing that equipment will result in a change to your fighting style too, as all your skills are attributed to particular elements of your armor and weapons.
Captain’s Journal: “We are living in a dying world, where breeding animals or farming plants is no longer possible. Everything is born dead. We, as Gatewalkers, are left with no other choice but to travel to different worlds, where we’ll try to gather food to survive and the resources needed to heal our world. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll make it habitable again.”
The key features of Gatewalkers on Xbox One, PS4 and PC include:
- A single-player or online co-op experience. Try to make it alone or team up with up to four players. Share the responsibilities, fight terrifying monsters, survive extreme weather conditions, and do whatever you can to get back home in one piece. Pro tip: surviving is easier together than alone.
- A truly skill-based combat without auto-aim but with co-operative combo mechanics.
- A fine mixture of survival and action RPG with crafting and procedurally generated worlds.
- A unique character progression based on crafting without leveling. In short, “You are what you wear.”
- An original game loop where each world introduces a unique survival mechanic, forcing players to adapt to stay alive.
Does this new console reveal of Gatewalkers open it up to you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. If you wish to know more, check out the latest trailer with full dev comms.