It was obvious from the get-go that Harmonix had big plans for FUSER. After pushing their Rock Band franchise pretty much to the limit and beyond, it was time to start placing focus on another gaming avenue – the DJ-a-thon, party-bringing madness of FUSER. Since launch there have been a host of great additions to the game and that trends looks set to continue as Harmonix prepare to push out a new free update. Before that though comes even more DLC.
We’ll start with what is here and now and following weeks of new tunes comes a solitary piece of visual eye candy in the new Look Pack: Get Funky. This will set you back just £1.69 – which is fast becoming the standard Harmonix DLC price – and will give you the opportunity to glam it up a little with some new trousers (Mama Jama Flared, if you’re interested), and some rather tasty Rocket Age Headphones.
It’s a simple DLC drop for simple times. But we like simple so cannot ever argue with what is in place.
It is what is happening to FUSER going forward that is more exciting though and Title Update 1.3 looks set to bring some serious goodies – namely in the form of Live Set Events, new Hot Clips, the chance to customise your cooperative freestyle jams, and more. In fact, in all we’ll be seeing the following hit FUSER in the weeks ahead through Update 1.3…
- Live Set Events – These new events add a competitive flair to the recurring in-game events. Live Sets will present a challenge to all FUSER DJs, including leaderboards and prizes for reaching score tiers.
- Customizing Freestyle Co-Op – Players will now be able to adjust the number of rounds and the length of rounds for public Co-Op Freestyle sessions.
- Hot Clips – Hot Clips is a powerful new creative tool, which allows DJs to preview a disc before dropping it onto the decks, effectively adding a fifth loop to their mixes.
- Finding the Right Mix – The update makes it easier to browse mixes players have liked through their profiles, as well as new sorting functions, including alphabetical, most liked/viewed, and date created.
- Share with the World – This update adds several optimizations for sharing and streaming. Players can now share video from anywhere in the game using native console share functions, and DJs can now toggle an option to select only monetizable songs for streaming.
- And More… – The 1.3 Update addresses bugs found by live players, adds in separate calibration profiles for docked and undocked mode for Nintendo Switch, UI improvements, and other quality of life improvements.
That’s not all though and you should fully expect to discover new artists frequenting your mix crates, with a host of paid DLC on the horizon. This will see all of the following joining the party, and we’ll be sure to remind you as and when each piece hits…
- Bebe Rexha
- Bell Biv DeVoe
- David Guetta
- Doja Cat
- Dua Lipa
- iann dior
- Jason Derulo
- Shawn Mendes
- And More!
New update, new visuals and new tunes are all great, but one final little addition is the arrival of a FUSER demo. This will walk potential newbies through the gameplay basics, letting them mess around and mix up eight of the finest tracks available. Should you not yet have purchased the full game but wish to see what the FUSER fuss is all about, you’ll be able to enjoy the following tunes…
- Bad Bunny “Yo Perreo Sola”
- Billie Eilish “bad guy”
- Cardi B “Bodak Yellow”
- deadmau5 ft. Rob Swire “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff”
- Dua Lipa “Don’t Start Now”
- Rage Against The Machine “Killing In The Name”
- Smash Mouth “All Star”
- Warren G and Nate Dogg “Regulate”
Let us know what you think of FUSER as a whole. Have Harmonix nailed what is required for their latest musical masterpiece? The comments are below.