We’ve long been of the opinion that Cities: Skylines is right up there amongst the very finest city builders that you can get your hands on. A game that has continually gone from strength to strength as those behind it push out new content. It doesn’t seem like that new content is going to stop anytime soon either and today Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order have confirmed that players will soon be going on a bit of a World Tour.
If you have a copy of Cities: Skylines to hand, whether that be on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch or PC, then you’ll want to check out the new upcoming content that is planned.
The first bits are coming real soon (mid-November) as Paradox whisk players off around the globe, focusing on a few cultural delights. The new content will come in the form of Content Creator Packs, Radio Stations, updates, maps and more, with plans to continue delivering the goods into 2023.
It’s probably best that we leave you with the press blurb details, ahead of getting acquainted with Korea, Africa and some new Financial Districts.
- Heart of Korea Content Creator Pack by Elvis: Inspired by a South Korean metropolis, this pack introduces 60 assets including service buildings, growables, and unique structures. Heart of Korea releases on November 15 for a suggested retail price of 5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP / 5.99 EUR. The “K-Pop” Radio Station will also release at the same time for a suggested retail price of 3.99 USD / 2.89 GBP / 3.99 EUR.
- Skyscrapers Content Creator Pack by Feinbold: Enjoy more than 15 skyscrapers influenced by iconic high rises from all over the world. Skyscrapers releases on November 15 for a suggested retail price of 5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP / 5.99 EUR. The “’80’s Downtown Beat” Radio Station will also release at the same time for a suggested retail price of 3.99 USD / 2.89 GBP / 3.99 EUR.
- Financial Districts: Colossal Order’s next mini-expansion boosts the economy of your city with a financial district, introduces the “investment” feature and more than 100 assets to the game, allowing you to use your funds to invest in the best industries for your population. The Financial Districts releases on December 13, together with the Content Creator Pack “Map Pack 2” that adds 10 new maps to explore different biomes (such as temperate, tropical, desert and more).
- Africa In Miniature: Created in collaboration with independent Nigerian content creators Emmanuel Bassey and Setonji “Prince Set” Hotonu. This Content Creator Pack allows you to tour Africa’s exceptionally varied architecture and vibrant colors. Influenced by Cameroon’s diverse geography (and borrowing the name of the actual “Africa in Miniature” as it’s known all over the world), Africa in Miniature introduces more than 40 buildings inspired by existing urban masterpieces and the region’s unique architectural concepts.
- As a sneak peek of what’s to come, players can purchase the African Vibes Radio Station on December 13, with 16 tracks that will inspire every city planner!
- Africa in Miniature is planned to release in 2023 with a new Radio Station called JADIA (Just Another Day in Africa). This is a collection of 16 tracks from Cameroonian musician Wan Shey who pays homage to his country’s musical traditions.
That’s not all though and a further free update is planned for November 15th and this will add to not just the base game but also the three expansions of After Dark, Snowfall and Plazas & Promenades. Expect to find new buses and trams, additional roads and even cycle lanes.
If you’ve yet to experience the intricacies of Cities: Skylines, we’d urge you to grab a copy of the game from your favourite digital store. The Xbox Store will sort you out in terms of the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions – with it available in Game Pass, there’s little reason to not give it a shot.
Let us know what you think of the latest planned content drops for the game. The comments are below.