Whether you remember playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective on your Nintendo DS back in 2010 or not matters little. All you need to know right now is that game is getting ready to rise from the dead, launching on PC and console in the summer of 2023.
A puzzle-solving mystery game, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective first released on Nintendo DS more than a decade ago, working some iOS lines shortly after. Now though Capcom are bringing the experience back, hitting the modern consoles of Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC with new features, challenges, gameplay and more.
Set to launch on those consoles and PC in the summer, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective will see you heading forth in hope of uncovering the mysteries of the spirit world. Playing as Sissel, a brave phantom who has unexpectedly been stranded in the afterlife and has lost his memory, you’ll need to help solve the mystery behind his suspicious death by using his newfound supernatural abilities. The question is, will players discover the truth before Sissel’s time runs out?
As you’d expect, this isn’t going to be a straight up port and Capcom are looking to deliver Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective to new players with a host of things in tow. Expect higher quality gameplay, new UI features, extra languages, further challenges and fresh music. In all, the following are going to be most key…
- Availability on New Platforms: Players can experience Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective like never before on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam
- Higher Quality Gameplay: Images and framerates are now adapted for 1080p/60fps visuals
- Optimized UI Features: With new platforms comes compatibility for both controllers and touch screens (applicable only for platforms with built-in touch screen functionality)
- Nine Languages (Three Brand New!): Now playable in nine languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean (new), Simplified Chinese (new), and Traditional Chinese (new)
- New Challenges: Newly added Trophies can be obtained by completing different levels of the game alongside new-to-console Ghost Puzzles
- Fresh Music and Illustrations: Available in the Extras menu, players can now access a collection of newly recorded and arranged music tracks alongside unique illustrations
We’ll keep you looped as to how Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective progresses ahead of launch in the summer on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC. You’ll probably want to check out the trailer in the meantime.