When humanity is all but wiped out and the Earth is left as a playground for the ultra rich, there is only one thing to do – turn it all into a golf course as is the case with the upcoming Golf Club Wasteland.
Due to launch on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC come August 2021 – with full playability on Xbox Series X|S too – Golf Club Wasteland is a post-apocalyptic adventure golf affair that will have players attempting to nail the putts and pull off the eagles among the ruins of humanity.
We’ve got the likes of Golf With Your Friends already providing a brilliant mini-golf styled gameplay experience on console and PC, but very soon Golf Club Wasteland will get set to join it. Pushed out thanks to a combination of Untold Tales and Demagog Studio, this will take us to the future and to a land in which 99% of human life has been wiped out. In fact, all that is left of humanity are those who originally fled to Mars, before heading back to our great planet for a round or two of golf.
With each hole providing its own story and puzzle, it’ll be up to you to work out what has happened, all whilst enjoying a relaxing round. It’s the Story Mode which will play host to these elements, yet a Challenge Mode will also be in place for those looking for a skill and puzzle-fuelled test. Easy to understand controls should allow golf and non-golf fans alike to get a grip on what is required, so if you have previously been put off the whole golfing genre by the depth of PGA Tour 2K21, but love to whack your way through a round or two, Golf Club Wasteland could well be for you.
Key features include:
- URBAN WASTELAND ADVENTURE GOLF – The rich fled to Mars but venture back to a desolate Earth for a round of golf. Each hole in the wasteland offers its own little story and possible puzzle to sink the perfect shot. Play through destroyed brutalist monuments, crumbling shopping malls, and abandoned museums all as neon signs and poignant graffiti take swings at current events, Silicon Valley culture, and humanity.
- THREE STORIES MAKE A (W)HOLE – Piece together the full story of how humanity fell through three distinct sources. Details from the lone golfer’s story, mysteriously back on Earth for one last game. The Radio Nostalgia From Mars broadcast gives a glimpse into the lives of those who escaped, and the narration of a “secret spectator” watching you from a distance.
- THE 1% KILLED THE RADIO STAR – Be accompanied by a purposefully composed soundtrack as well as personal stories broadcasted on Radio Nostalgia From Mars. The station caters to citizens of Mars, nostalgic for Earth as they listen to music from the 2020s, and dial in to share their memories of the planet. A smooth voiced radio DJ keeps the show flowing with updates and announcements hinting to a not-so-glamorous life on Mars.
- FITS LIKE A GLOVE – Three distinct modes mean every golfer can find something for their tastes. Casual players can focus just on the story and a relaxing scenic round of golf in Story Mode. Those looking for an extra challenge can beat each hole under par using skill and puzzle solving through Challenge Mode. While the total pros can try Iron Mode, where there’s almost zero room for error. Easy to grasp controls and a minimalist UI underpin the whole game, so anyone can easily pick up and play at their own pace.
- THAT’S A KEEPER – Included with every copy of the game is the digital Golf Club Wasteland Official Soundtrack plus a Graphic Novel Art Book that further expands the backstory of the lone golfer Charley in stunning visual format.
We’ll be sure to remind you as and when Golf Club Wasteland hits out on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. For now give the reveal trailer a little watch and keep an eye on Steam – it’s there where a playable demo should arrive soon.