Xbox and PlayStation players waited patiently for the release of Green Hell on console, as the hugely anticipated PC survival title slowly and surely teased us. When it arrived in mid-2021 the wait was seemingly worth it, as Creepy Jar nailed what was required of a console launch. But there were things missing, namely the Spirits of Amazonia prequel story. That changes. Now.
Making their much-anticipated arrival on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5, the Spirits of Amazonia Parts 1 & 2 additions allow us the chance to join Jake Higgins’ prequel story, covering the events before Green Hell’s Story Mode as he works to gain the trust of a new Amazonian tribe.
Available for free today on Xbox and PlayStation – with Part 3 due to arrive at a later time – in part 1 of Spirits of Amazonia, players will step back into Jake’s shoes as he befriends an Amazonian tribe for the first time. That is then built on in part 2, as the journey will continue with more content including new Legendary Quests and fully revised map areas.
Spirits of Amazonia manages to introduce players to new activities, enemies, items, and animals alongside upping the challenge with Hard Mode. Further, Creepy Jar has been committed to building upon Green Hell’s already stellar content on a regular basis. By listening to their player-base, and providing them with the best community support possible, they’re continuing to improve the Green Hell experience even further – hard at work on a proper next-generation upgrade for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 too.
The key features of Spirits of Amazonia include:
- Enjoy an entirely new prequel story: Jake Higgins’ trials in the Amazon started long before the events of Green Hell’s Story Mode. Players will go back in time to join Jake on his first foray into the rainforest in an exciting prequel adventure.
- Exciting new features: New Tribal Legends activities and revamped map areas portraying how they looked before the events of the base Green Hell Story Mode.
- New threats… and protections: Face off against new enemies including the Thug and Tribesman Patrols, and defend yourself with a new 2-handed Tribal Axe.
- Meet someone new: Players will be introduced to new tribes as well as new animals including the lethal Black Panther and the baby Tapir.
- New flora and building features: Jake will come across new flora such as the Spike Tree and a mysterious new mushroom, and when he’s in camp can build all-new balcony and drum constructions.
If you have a copy of Green Hell in your digital library, you’ll find the free push of Spirits of Amazonia Parts 1 & 2 arriving today. Should you not yet have it, you can buy the game on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S from the Xbox Store, on PS4 and PS5 from the PlayStation Store, or over on Steam for PC.