If you’re after something a little bit unique, then you should seriously consider Frost.
Announced today and dated for release later in July, Frost is a unique solo card game that is set in an apocalyptic arctic world, where the last remnants of humanity find themselves engaged in the most relentless struggle for survival.
Arriving in just a couple of weeks with a PS4 release on the 17th/18th July (NA/EU), a 19th July launch on Nintendo Switch and then its Xbox One arrival on the 20th, Frost should be one to excite many.
That may well be because of the praise received for its stark hand drawn visuals, atmospheric soundtrack and card battling gameplay on PC and mobile, or maybe just because us console gamers want to experience something a little difference.
Frost is a deck-building, solo survival card game set on a harsh, frozen world ravaged by a lethal storm. You must lead a group of nomads in search of the Refuge – a haven away from the Frost’s icy grip. As well as the unrelenting threat of the Frost, your arduous trek will be fraught with many other dangers, such as wolves, cannibals, hunger, and fatigue. Manage your cards wisely to stay alive and make it all the way to the Refuge.
Key features include:
- Challenging survival deck-building gameplay, requiring anticipation, strategy, and memory
- Dozens of cards to discover – card types include resources, weapons, ideas, dangers and regions
- An intriguing and immersive world
- Beautiful hand-drawn artwork
- Hours of gameplay with difficulty modes, endless mode, scenarios and new cards to unlock
- Encounter many different characters and make use of their abilities
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions
We will of course remind you when the Xbox One release arrives. It may just be worth your while hitting up the trailer below for now though.