Over recent times we’ve seen all manner of Wild West themed titles arrive on Xbox One, with Desperados III leading the charge, and both Colt Canyon and West of Dead catering for the sharpest of shooters. Of course, there’s always Red Dead Redemption II to immerse yourself in once all those options are exhausted, as well. But there is another Wild West title well worth your gaming consideration too – it’s just that Hard West Ultimate Edition launches on Xbox One with a bit of a twist.
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One this very minute, Hard West Ultimate Edition sees you frequenting a Wild West world like never before, as you join the life of Warren as he fast descends into a world of trouble. Haunted by all those around him, the deep narrative pushing Warren along is where Hard West comes to life, delivering a story full of decision making and multiple endings.
But the weirdest things about Hard West comes in the world you’ll explore and here we discover the legends of the West rocking up against demons, cults and the undead – it’ll be up to you to take them down in turn-based combat procedures.
With a full cast of many playable characters, no less than 40 weapons that have been historically inspired and the opportunity to indulge yourself in a fight that plays out via the use of a luck-based combat system and full cover shooting options, and there is immediately much to be excited about in terms of Hard West gameplay.
- A Unique “Weird” West World: Explore a world where Western legends meet demons, arcane rituals, and satanic cults and where the dead can walk the Earth again. For a price
- Compelling Combat: Control 1-4 squad members in turn-based combat encounters and master a range of powerful western-inspired special abilities
- Choice and Fate: Experience a deep story where decisions made during and between combat scenarios will resonate through future events and change the fates of a divisive group of colorful characters
- Luck of the Draw: Use a combat system that goes far beyond pure probability by featuring luck as a unique guardian of engaging and challenging combat
- Dynamic Cover: Change the flow of combat thanks to an extensive cover system which allows for the creation of effective cover from objects in the environment
- Shadow Spotting: Locate out of sight enemies by the shadows that they cast, along with the sounds they make
- Ricochets: Utilize Metal objects to shoot beyond the line of sight for increased tactical combat options, and diversified planning
- 40 Historically Inspired Weapons
Our full review of Hard West Ultimate Edition on Xbox One will be up and live for your perusal in the coming days, but should you be looking for yet another Wild West gaming experience – albeit one that tries a few different things along the way – then picking up a copy of Hard West from the Xbox Store should certainly be considered.
Welcome to the Wild West as you’ve never seen before. Follow Warren on his descent into the darkest recesses of the human soul, and try to survive in a world full of hard choices and even harder consequences. Because in this world, death is a constant presence and the black pacts which you make with forces beyond human comprehension will forever haunt all those around you. Journey deeper into the world of Hard West and meet a colorful cast of playable characters whose fates are intimately intertwined with yours. Together you will need to make divisive choices to uncover the ultimate plans of the ancient powers at play, as you unravel a deep narrative storyline featuring multiple endings depending on the choices you make during the game.