For years, Destiny players have been increasing their light level to best the many thousands of aliens out there. But with this latest expansion, it is time for Guardians to embrace their dark side for real. Destiny 2: Lightfall is out today for Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
In Destiny 2: Lightfall, the Witness has arrived. After the events of The Witch Queen, exiled Cabal emperor Calus has teamed up with the Witness. Together, and along with the Tormentors, attempt to bring about the second Collapse.
Lightfall will bring with it new gear, new PvP maps, missions, PvE environments, weapons and of course, raids. Everything that Destiny fans would come to expect from these expansions. The new free roam world of Neomuna brings with it a cyberpunk feel to Destiny; expect to see some bright neon’s in the world, but also in the new gear and weapons.
Expect there to be plenty of new additions in the year to follow as well as Destiny 2 introduces Seasons 20-23 during Year 6.
Expect to find:
- Strand – The newest elemental power in Destiny 2, Strand is powered by Darkness and allows Guardians to tap into the cosmic strings of the universe to unleash powerful attacks. Each Guardian class uses Strand in a unique way, and all Strand-enabled Guardians can take advantage of the new grapple ability to greatly increase mobility in and out of combat.
- Neomuna – This neon-drenched city on Neptune is the newest destination in Destiny 2. Under siege by Calus’ Shadow Legion, Neomuna is also home to Guardians’ newest allies, the heroic Cloud Striders, who protect the city from invasion.
- Legendary Campaign – The Legendary Campaign mode returns for Lightfall. Designed for players who want to experience the gripping narrative of Destiny 2’s latest storyline while also challenging their skills and earning better rewards.
- Loadouts & Mod Customization – New Loadouts and Mod Customization features make customizing a Guardian faster and easier than ever. Easily view and place new mods via a single Mod Customization screen; save gear and mods into loadout slots that can be accessed on the fly.
- Commendations & Guardian Ranks – Lightfall comes with a pair of new social systems meant to encourage friendly play and teamwork, and to better help players understand the skill level and experience of others. With Commendations, players will be able to award a variety of commendation awards to fireteam members upon completing activities together. Guardian Ranks will offer a quick visual shorthand of each Guardian’s skill and experience level, and players can move up Guardian Ranks by earning Commendations and completing activities throughout the game.
- Terminal Overload – In this new destination activity, Guardians will repel attacks from both the Vex and the Cabal as they try to flood the Neptunian city with their forces.
- New Raid: Root of Nightmares – Ferried from an unknown time and place, a haunting presence has been detected. Guardians must confront the ancient threat growing at their doorstep. The raid opens on March 10.
Destiny 2: Lightfall is on the Xbox Store now priced at £39.99. Obviously, this needs the base game to play, but considering Destiny 2 is now free-to-play, that should not be an issue. This standard edition includes a new Exotic Ghost and Legendary emblem, along with the Season Pass for Season 20, which launches at the same time.
If you want to be covered for the entire yeah, the Destiny 2: Lightfall + Annual Pass is on the Xbox Store for £79.99. This comes with all the above, Season Passes for Season 21, 22 and 23, the Quicksilver Storm Exotic weapon and 4 Rahool’s Secret Stash deliveries to be released throughout the year.
Our resident Destiny 2 expert will have all his thoughts coming in his review. For now though, let us know in the comments below if you will be picking this new expansion up.
Campaign In a Neptunian city under siege, find strength in your fellow Guardians as the end to all things approaches—the Witness is here. Arm yourself with new rewards and unlock new Dark powers to triumph in Lightfall’s unforgettable Legendary mode. Strand Harness Darkness and pluck at the threads of reality with this new subclass. Flow through the city with newfound speed as you grapple from building to building. Every class can tap into this new element, but it’s up to you to create the perfect build. New Destination Travel to Neptune and discover a neon metropolis unlike any you’ve explored in Destiny 2. Meet the Cloud Striders, join the fight against the Shadow Legion, and prevent devastation in the technologically advanced secret city of Neomuna.