Riches await those who find themselves embarking on a new journey with Railway Empire, and the latest destination for track enthusiasts is the land of Australia. Wish to go Down Under?
Railway Empire has seen would-be entrepreneurs taking in all manner of global trips, with Great Britain & Ireland, the Andes, Germany, France, Mexico and more all having hosted great journeys. Today though it’s time to head South, taking in the joys of the Outback with a roll through the most remote of Australian territories.
The Railway Empire Down Under DLC Pack will set you back just £6.69, but those prepared to stump up the cash will discover a wealth of opportunities come their way, as 19th Century Australia delivers a multitude of secrets. With few people to worry about, and the industrial revolution about to take hold, it’ll be up to you to work your new-found railway prowess into the area, connecting coastal cities, farming settlements and more. The reason? Well, to make a quick buck or two of course.
With a whole new scenario to enjoy, the extended map to take in, a number of new engines to enjoy and a host of additional trade items, music tracks and features, it is sure that Down Under will be able to enhance Railway Empire in a number of ways.
- New scenario: “Pioneering spirit” (1830-1930)
- Map expansion: “Down Under” (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 3 new historical engines: Heisler (0-8-0), C30 (4-6-0) and Class S (4-6-2)
- New tradeable goods (eg. seafood, Rail-O-Mite and canned beer) and 52 new cities to discover
- New music tracks, reworked city buildings and unique mission structures (eg. Sydney Harbour Bridge)
- New Settlement feature unique to the “Down Under” map: on pre-determined locations, players can now establish new cities and this way arrange the economic system to their liking
With the base game in hand, those who wish to embark on this latest Railway Empire journey can do so by paying a visit to their favoured digital store. For us Xbox One gamers that obviously means taking a trip to the Xbox Store, getting that download actioned and then kicking back and watching the money earned from the railways come flooding in. You’ll also find the DLC on PS4 and PC.
During the first half of the 19th Century, the colonial territories of Australia are sparsely populated and consist primarily of coastal cities and a few smaller farming settlements in the remote outback. However, a series of events is set to spark an industrial revolution, one that will usher in an era of change for Australia and secure a lucrative future.