‘I, the Inquisitor’ has now been picked up by Kalypso Media and with that comes a little name change. Set to release on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC come Q4 2023, ‘I, the Inquisitor’ has now been rebranded as ‘The Inquisitor’.
Check out the new trailer.
Original article from 24/05/22 below…
From the Polish development team at The Dust, and due to drop onto Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC, the first look at gameplay for “I, the Inquisitor” has today been revealed.
Based on a set of Polish fantasy books by Jacek Piekara and set in a world where Jesus unleashed vengeance instead of forgiveness, you must now enforce his blood hungry faith as an Inquisitor. Or at least you will when “I, the Inquisitor” arrives on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC.
A story-driven, dark renaissance, action-adventure mystery game, “I, the Inquisitor” is set in an alternate history 1500’s. Back then, in this world, Jesus did not die on the cross and instead he broke free from his crucifixion to unleash bloody vengeance on those who did not believe in him. With centuries having now passed, a whole army of zealot Inquisitors are looking to brutally enforce the faith of this blood-hungry Church that has taken hold in Europe.
You play as one of these Inquisitors and after being dispatched to the despondent town of Konigstein, you will be tasked with dealing with the various crimes and transgressions of the common folk, all while dealing with an ancient evil that is trying to take root around you.
Detective work will come into play as you look to use your sleuthing skills to uncover clues, secrets and suspects – although this is no Sherlock Holmes. Making the most of cunning or threats to get the answers you need, before unleashing the most difficult moral judgments as you look to decide the fates of those under your investigation, will all play out in “I, the Inquisitor”. The question is, will you show mercy for their lapses or will you unleash holy cruelty as is expected by the faith?
The key features that sit in place with “I, the Inquisitor” are…
- Be the Ultimate Holy Judge and Jury – Decide the fates of those under your investigation based on how far or close you want to enforce the rule of this vengeful faith in God.
- A Morally Tainted, Non-Linear Tale – This is a dark and gritty story centred around a religion preaching revenge and violence. Multiple branching story choices will test your morality.
- Enlightened Sleuthing – Use various unique skills and abilities that allow to solve the various crimes and mysteries that have befallen Konigstein.
- Delve into the Unworld – Unbeknownst to others, Mordimer has the divine ability to enter the mysterious Unworld. There he can discover the deeper secrets that suspects hide in their consciences. But a dark force reigns supreme here and will do everything to destroy you for stepping foot into its realm.
- Persuasive Interrogations – As an Inquisitor, you have been given free reign to use more questionable methods and tools to get suspects to reveal “the truth”. These optional interrogations date back to the times of the real Inquisition and it’s up to you to decide if and how much force to apply to those under your investigation
- Let Your Sword Do the Talking – A full sword combat system means various cases will let or even require you to use brute force.
You’ll find the first reveal of the “I, the Inquisitor” gameplay right below. Give it a watch and then drop into our comments.
You can wishlist is on Steam if you like too.