Ready to head under the waves and go up against the most fearsome of foes? Swimsanity is here – launching on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Released to the world by the two-brother duo at Decoy Games, Swimsanity is one that has been on our radar for a little while, after first going hands-on with it an event a couple of years back. It was an interesting proposition then, but now that it has fully released on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC (with a PS4 launch occurring further down the line), the excitement has built some more.
Swimsanity is priced at £20.99, and it plays out as an underwater shooter that is ripe for both solo and multiplayer activities. Taking charge of a Mooba, you’ll be left to work through a variety of Adventure levels, taking down as many underwater fishes and foes as you can manage, whilst out-running sharks, whales, turtles, piranhas and more. With multiple weapon upgrade and a special Power Rangers’ styled Unleash system in play, you won’t go lacking in the offensive department.
Survival mode is also in place letting you go up against the clock and a huge number of waves of enemies, whilst those preferring the more competitive route will discover that Swimsanity also provides Deathmatch, Last Mooba Standing and Orb Rush options – both for solo players and teams.
- 4 PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP! Team up to unlock content and complete challenges with players around the world.
- 4 PLAYER ONLINE VERSUS! Join casual or ranked matches to compete and climb the Leaderboards to be crowned the best in the world.
- LOCAL CO-OP AND VERSUS! Feel the intensity in the room with some couch play with up to four friends. If anyone’s missing, play with bots fill their spot.
- ONLINE CROSS-PLAY! Play with anyone online across the Xbox One, PC and Consoles!
- UNLEASH SWIMSANITY! Unlock 10+ eye-popping Unleashes to bring to battle for devastating moves.
- COMPLETE 150+ CHALLENGES! There’s always more to do by completing over 150 challenges across 8 Game Modes.
There is a lot going on with Swimsanity (cross-platform play, 8 game modes, 150 odd challenges is nothing to be sniffed at) and our full review is up, live, and ready for your perusal. We highly advise you give it a read – if you’re then sold on what Decoy Games and Swimanity bring, the usual digital stores will then be up for visiting. We’d be best pointing you to the Xbox Store.
Let us know if this underwater cross-playing Swimsanity adventure is one that you’ll be taking in. The comments are below. We’d love to hear what you think.
Swimsanity! is a multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed Co-Op and Versus game modes, all supported by online and local play. You play as our hero Mooba, who uses a variety of unique power ups and weapons to survive in this aquatic world. Whether you’re teaming up with friends to swim into Adventure mode, or clashing in competitive matches such as Last Mooba Standing, there’s more than 150+ challenges to complete across 8 action-packed Game Modes in Swimsanity! All modes can be played online or locally.