We know that Milestone love being able to continue building out their motorcycle racers with new iterations each and every year. We’ve recently had MXGP 2021 take things off-road and we’ve got MotoGP 22 readying itself to roar onto the horizon. In between those though comes the latest Supercross title, with the release of Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC (Steam and Windows), Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5 will give you the opportunity to show off your skills once more, as you look to jump the bumps, scrub the corners and race as fast as you possibly can in order to prove you have what it takes to be a legendary Supercross rider.
It follows on from the previous Monster Energy Supercross titles (our full reviews of the original Monster Energy Supercross, Monster Energy Supercross 2, Monster Energy Supercross 3 and Monster Energy Supercross 4 are all here on those bold links) and looks to allow Milestone Studios the chance to build out on the previous, with the greatest iteration yet.
Enhanced gameplay is promised, as are improvements to the bike control, giving more freedom and precision than before. The steering has been reworked too, as have both the suspension systems and the management of drift. What’s neat is that Milestone have seemingly acknowledged that Supercross is a tricky old sport, throwing in a new Future Academy tutorial which will help the newcomers to the grid. The usual single player options and multiplayer madness’ are in place too.
The key features of the game include:
- BUILD YOUR SUCCESS – The road to become a true champion starts here. With the new career mode, you will have to prove your skills on two-wheel bikes to be able to win glory! Win the first races in the “Futures” Category. Improve your technique as a “Rookie” by starting out in the 250SX class. Create your team after signing with a sponsor or join an existing one. Throw open the doors of the entire championship by becoming a real “Pro” to challenge the heroes of the 450SX class and achieve ultimate success.
- SHAPE COUNTS – Keep your rider in shape by going through 5 preparation levels. In Supercross 5, training sessions, race results and injuries affect your rider’s conditions. Are you ready to keep everything under control?
- COMPOUND – Explore, practice and improve your performance in the new Compound! Do it alone or with 3 friends, or race against them on one of the 5 fantastic tracks available.
- TRACK EDITOR – Unleash your imagination and build the perfect track with the Track Editor. Use and mix together the modules inspired by the tracks of the official races, share your creations with the community and race on the tracks made by the other players.
- MULTIPLAYER – Discover all the ways to enjoy Supercross 5 with your friends. Challenge other players online, both on Xbox Series X|S and on Xbox One. And, finally, the very much in demand Split Screen mode has arrived, providing double challenges to the last jump. Fun multiplied by 2!
- E-SPORT – For the second year in a row, E-sport is confirmed in the Supercross series. What are you waiting for? Are you ready to accept the challenge?
The official release date of Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5 is March 17th 2022, and it’s then when you’ll be able to get hands on with the game should you purchase the Standard Edition (£59.99 from the Xbox Store).
However, as is now the norm with the bigger titles, getting yourself involved with the Special Edition from right about now will give early access to the game, plus the Season Pass, a Fire Storm customisation pack and a similar Ice Blizzard one.
It’s that Special Edition which we’re interested in, and whilst it may be more expensive, running at £79.99 from the Xbox Store, if you have interest in the sport and just have to get hands-on asap, this is the option you should be taking.
Stay tuned for our full review of Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5 and how it plays on Xbox Series X|S (optimised), real soon.
You’ll find Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5 available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC.
Hold on fast to the handlebar of your bike because a new chapter of the series has finally arrived. Try Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5 and discover the quintessence of indoor supercross!