The day of the Re-Reckoning is approaching as THQ Nordic confirm that Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning will be launching on Xbox One and PS4 this September. And not only will it be coming in Standard form, but a full Collector’s Edition is up for grabs and there’s news of a rather nifty expansion coming further down the line.
So, first things first, and Kindoms of Amalur will be making its Xbox One and PS4 debut in Re-Reckoning form, hit with stunning visuals, refined gameplay and all new content on September 8th 2020. And whether you have played the game on Steam previously, or are coming in new, that is a date you should be sticking in your diary.
You should expect nothing but hundreds of hours of RPG-styled gameplay with Kingdoms of Amalur and with this Re-Reckoning edition you will find that you are taken from the vibrant city of Rathir through the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns, all as you attempt to uncover the secrets of Amalur!
Kingdoms of Amalur was first created by bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion creator Ken Rolston. It is a game that is best known for an unmatched level of player choice, including countless character customization combinations, as well as a rich story filled with a myriad of side quests that layer romance, magic, whimsy and political intrigue into the player’s primary mission.
If you wish to get involved then you have a few choices, namely whether you want to go heading into Re-Reckoning in Standard Edition, Fate Edition, or with the full-on Collector’s Edition.
The Standard Edition of Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning will be available on September 8th 2020 for a SRP of €39.99/$39.99/£34.99/₽1929.00, whilst the Fate Edition comes along at the same time for a SRP of €54.99/$54.99/£47.99/₽2669.00. This will include the base game along with the the upcoming expansion Fatesworn, releasing in 2021. Details will follow later in regards that.
Those with cash to burn, or a massive love for Kingdoms of Amalur will no doubt be interested in the Collector’s Edition though. This comes with an SRP of $109.99/€109.99/£99.99 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, and includes the full game which boasts more than 50 hours of gameplay plus the content listed below.
- Content of the Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Collector’s Edition detailed:
- A highly-detailed Alyn Shir Figurine (20.8cm tall x 18cm wide x 14.2cm deep)
- A custom Amalur keychain
- Five pieces of original in-game artwork
- The award-winning game soundtrack composed by Grant Kirkhope
- A high-quality Collector’s Box
You’ll be able to find the digital pre-orders for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning and the Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fate Edition starting today.
If you need to know more about Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, then the following feature list should sort you out…
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having “more content than any single-player game deserves!”
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning
So, sold? Is that Collector’s Edition going to see your wallet take a battering? Let us know in the comments.