Bizarre demons and beautiful Oriental backdrops are heading to consoles this summer, courtesy of bullet-hell shmup Shikhondo – Soul Eater.
Developed by DeerFarm, Shikhondo – Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ’em up inspired by the most bizarre parts of Asian mythology. In it, armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo and have begun spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy these pestilent invaders, thus freeing the captured souls from eternal torment across Arcade, Hardcore and Boss Rush modes. And for the first time, players will be able to tackle the intensity of Shikhondo alongside a friend thanks to an all-new 2-player local co-op mode included when it releases on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush and Local Co-op
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack
- Online leaderboards for high score glory
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions
The bullet-hell experience of Shikhondo – Soul Eater and its hypnotic visuals is set to launch at some point this summer for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Be sure to check out the official trailer below…