If the hugely addictive Rocket League wasn’t already enough to keep you exited, the game is today getting a free update…and it’ll drop the rather chaotic Rumble mode into action.
As we previously told you, Rumble Mode is a new free game mode which brings into play 11 randomised power-ups. With the likes of the “Magnetizer” (a sustained force that attracts the ball to your car), the Plunger (a ripcord-like attachment that snaps the ball to your position), the Freezer (which freezes the ball in-place), and more available, your Rocket League matchups will never be the same again.
You’ll be able to get to grips with Rumble in much the same was as the Hoops and Mutator modes before it, with it appearing in Online Playlists, Private matches and the Exhibition option.
The complete list of power-ups includes:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you toward the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Snaps the ball to your position)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
But that’s not all as there is a further addition arriving with today’s update – “Crates and Keys”. A system which will help fund upcoming esports events and prize pools, this optional system will see random Crates occasionally drop in Competitive matches and players can then purchase Keys to access their contents. They will be random, but exclusive, and Crate items can then be kept or traded with other players thanks to another new feature in the update.
With the likes of “Import” Battle-Cars, unique animated Decals, Exotic Wheels and other cool Garage accessories included, if you feel the need to drop a little cash into the Rocket League coffers, then you can. They aren’t overly expensive either as each Key can be purchased individually for $1.49 USD, or in bundles of 5, 10, or 20 for $5, $10, or $20 USD, respectively (or their regional equivalent).
Don’t forget to go and get involved in the latest Rocket League mayhem!