Little Nightmares II not look good enough to you? If you are one of those crazy folk that think things can always look better, then Bandai Namco have got you sorted with the Enhanced Edition of the game on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC. And the upgrades are free to all existing owners.
Just as Gamescom kicks off and Bandai Namco look to go big, their critically acclaimed adventure Little Nightmares II has received a bit of a kick in terms of a next-gen upgrade. It brings about everything you would expect of such a move too, like a Performance mode, a bit of Ray Tracing, more immersive audio and more.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is the new-gen version of the critically acclaimed title. It’s available now on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC, to continue the interest in the adventure-suspense franchise since its first appearance in 2017.
Available for free on console for users owning the PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One version of the game, or available via PC via a nifty little patch, the new-generation version of the game will offer several enhancements compared to the original title. Two modes will be available, a Performance mode will put the game in 2160p and 60 fps, and a Beauty mode will see the game’s resolution for up to 4K with a dynamic resolution and 30 fps. There’s a host of other visual delights too.
So what exactly do we get with this new Enhanced Edition of Little Nightmares II on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC? Well…
- Beauty Mode – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
- Performance Mode – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on surfaces.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
- The PC version will also benefit from these enhancements, which will be customizable for users.
If you own Little Nightmares II then you’ll find the Enhanced Edition is available for free on console right now. If you don’t, get over to the Xbox Store and pick up the game for £24.99. You’ll also find it on PlayStation too.